By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD - X360 507k, 3DS 143k, Wii 273k, PS3 276k~ DS 386k

I'm curious as to what pushed the 360 so much. I haven't been paying to much attention to US sales, but I don't remember them doing this well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Woah. Go 360 I suppose!

VGC were well off.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

360 beasting! Never gonna have to worry about the PS3 taking the lead before next gen begins :)

It's just that simple.

kowenicki said:
so....

When are hardware shipment next released... I cant wait.

MS - Thurs 21st July
Nintendo - Thurs 28th July
Sony - Around same time as Nintendo/Late July

So PSP was barely under 3DS in strongest Nintendo and most PSP hating territory? :)

BTW SS4AE didn't bomb - I don't know if it's online already but Capcom was going to offer it as DLC to SSF IV owners.

And I'm glad to see Wii failure- Nintendo should have went with much stronger price drop to 100$

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
I'm curious as to what pushed the 360 so much. I haven't been paying to much attention to US sales, but I don't remember them doing this well.

Pachter says at least 100k are free X360 given to students with laptop+x360 deal.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
So PSP was barely under 3DS in strongest Nintendo and most PSP hating territory? :)

BTW SS4AE didn't bomb - I don't know if it's online already but Capcom was going to offer it as DLC to SSF IV owners.

And I'm glad to see Wii failure- Nintendo should have went with much stronger price drop to 100$

Why? 100$ or 150$ belong to the same range, the increasing sales would have not covered the losses due to the cut...the game has already been played, it won't be a bigger or smaller cut which will change Wii's position and if they want to sell it longer they'll have to make another cut probably next year (as DS Lite now). Right now I don't think for them it matters to sell 150k or 200k weekly, the support is not there and killing the profits for 20-30k is unuseful.

On the other hand, I cannot understand the huge increasing in sales for Xbox, DS, but about every console except for Wii and 3DS (it was undertracked on VGC, many were saying the opposite): sure, the DSL got a price cut, but there were that many people unable to pay 30$ more? Or why that bump for Xbox, bigger than last year's?? It's all so strange XD

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Seece said:
kowenicki said:
so....

MS - Thurs 21st July

nice!  short wait now!   i, as kowenicki, can't wait.

The whole laptop numbers thing seems wrong in my opinion. That would mean almost as many people bought those laptops as people who bought 3ds for the month.
On top of that the same deal was on here in the UK and didn't see a bump.

Free consoles are given out all the time. You can get them with tvs, with subscriptions to things like gas, insurance etc, can get them with phone contracts and so on. I doubt very much 100k-200k were because of that deal.

kitler53 said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
so....

MS - Thurs 21st July

nice!  short wait now!   i, as kowenicki, can't wait.

If I remember Microsoft already shipped 1.4 million at end of May... so more one month (June) to know the quarter shipment.