By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD - X360 507k, 3DS 143k, Wii 273k, PS3 276k~ DS 386k

TheSource said:

Excluding the Dell PC promotion and direct sales to distributors, Pachter says X360 was likely around 400k (but he doesn't know for sure) and down against June 2010.

I have a bunch of extra figures in the article as well.

400k hummm great... so VGC not heavy undertrack 360 .

To be fair VGC is most wrong with Wii and DS.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
TheSource said:

Excluding the Dell PC promotion and direct sales to distributors, Pachter says X360 was likely around 400k (but he doesn't know for sure) and down against June 2010.

I have a bunch of extra figures in the article as well.

400k hummm great... so VGC not heavy undertrack 360 .

To be fair VGC is most wrong with Wii and DS.

Where do you get the notion they arnt counted?

Whenever shipments come around our numbers are compared accordingly, and the aim of figures on the front page is to show the userbase.

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Also just realised that we had the 360 at 309k for the Month. And May was 270k.

Something looks fishy here... Nothing major released, no pricecuts... And sales almost double? Stealth NPD adjustments?

It has had a lot of deals lately, that's my only explanation.

eg: Amazon deals, but surely they can't solely explain this 200k jump.

NPD is endlessly fascinating.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Seece said:

Whenever shipments come around our numbers are compared accordingly, and the aim of figures on the front page is to show the userbase.

You are saying VGC tracks theses deals? Of course there are adjustments because it but I guess VGC didn't track its... just ajust after some kind of official release (quarter results?).

The Nintendo family did 800k!!!

Damn, that's some bad Wii numbers. NoA deserves it though, for just sitting on their fat asses while NoE, you know, localises games and stuff.

Around the Network

psp sales so close to 3ds sales then...soooooooooooo close!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Seece said:
jugon21 said:
Seece said:
selling nearly twice as many units as other current-generation platforms

'nearly'

So around 270k for Wii PS3????

This.

Sourced raised a good point, it probably means combined, source thinks 400k for Wii and under 140k for PS3.

@ source

There is a limit to over-estimating Wii and under-estimating PS3

*reads through rest of thread*

Well there's not much to say apart from well done to Xbox 360 and unlucky to Wii, those are awful sales for it.

PS3..it did as expected then I guess.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Let this be a lesson NoA...no games=no sales

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

darthdevidem01 said:

There is a limit to over-estimating Wii and under-estimating PS3

ROFLMFAO!! This, just this.

ethomaz said:

Seece said:

You are saying VGC tracks theses deals? Of course there are adjustments because it but I guess VGC didn't track its... just ajust after some kind of official release (quarter results?).

NPD just show it's 507k,so it's 200k undertracked,because,NPD tracked

it's not VGC don't wanna track,it's too hard to track,but if NPD give the data,why not?or you just trying something everyone know