By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Killzone 2 sell better than UT3 on the PS3?

The Unreal Tournament franchise is a more critallly acclaimed series than the Killzone franchise from proven develpers at Epic studios who is also responsible for Gears of War. Killzone is  a historically mediocre franchise from a mediocre developer that has yet to make a triple A game or even sell a million copies of a single game. What chances does Killzone 2 have in selling better than Unreal Tournament 3?

Around the Network

Oh come one, what kind of question is that. UT series is a PC franchise really. How Epic could actually think people will just pick it up for consoles. Killzone 2 is more hyped and more known. It will sell more even if it's not up to the level of Assassin's Creed or CoD 4.

Just like Killzone 1 and Killzone Liberation? And Killzone 1 benefitted from a installed base about 10X the size

Killzone 2 has a good chance to sell 5 million LTD , while UT 3 can sell 1 million max , only if it has great Others sales ... man what a question is this . Hey Zack and Wicki have batter ratings than Mario Party 8 , still the later games has a bit batter sales . The hype is all that matters this days unfortunatly :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

And remember, Killzone 1 had enourmous mammoth hype also. even calling itself as the "Halo Killer".

Around the Network

KZ1 sold 3 M copies..

KZ on the psp sold more than a million if they put Europe copies.

KZ liberation is a huge improvement from KZ1, KZ1 has a 70 average KZ psp has a 80 average.

The ps2 was just to weak to handle KZ.

mM

This seems like an odd pairing in my opinion because Killzone is a first party (obviously exclusive) game for Playstation consoles with (from my understanding) a decent focus on single player gameplay, and Unreal Tournament is a third party multi-platform game with a focus on multiplayer gameplay.

Also, ofcouese KZ2 will outsell UT3.. by 5 times at least.

mM

well i think your wrong about Killzone not selling 1 million it sold .75 in America and sold better in Europe than in America so i'm pretty sure it sold more than 1 million

and i would guess that killzone 2 will sell better because of how hyped it is

eugene said:
Just like Killzone 1 and Killzone Liberation? And Killzone 1 benefitted from a installed base about 10X the size

Killzone 1 sold well despite well...

However, I must admit, Killzone 2 is a big improvement over quality even if it's launched on a smaller installed base. You're assuming that somehow the success or failure of Killzone depends on its previous titles. I don't expected UT3 to sell a lot and yes Killzone 2 will sell more.