By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Killzone 2 sell better than UT3 on the PS3?

Of course it will. At the way KZ2 is being hyped and most likely to be marketed, there is no way it will sell bad. Remember the key to good sales is all about hype and marketing, although quality helps in the long run to keep up that.

But it definetly will. This doesn't mean KZ2 will be a better game than UT3, probably won't, but just how it works.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

This seems like an odd pairing

Well, it is a eugene post...

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

azrm2k said:
leo-j said:

The ps2 was just to weak to handle KZ.
 Come again????  The PS2 was too weak to handle KZ?  There are plenty of PS2 games with better graphics, control, and AI.  Killzone 1 wasn't bad because the PS2 couldn't handle it.  Killzone 1 was bad because Guerilla plain and simple made a mediocre game and hyped it up to be a AAA title.

no they didnt, the general game media did. And the game wasnt bad at all. just run of the mill average, like Halo 3.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

no they didnt, the general game media did. And the game wasnt bad at all. just run of the mill average, like Halo 3.

Joke post?

Halo is not the best shooter out there, but it definetly is not on the same level as Killzone. That's a pretty low insult, and a false one in truth. Halo series has been a lot better than the Killzone series, and from my opinion of Halo, this isn't looking to great for my thoughts on Killzone.

This is why I always wonder why there is so much hype for KZ2. I guess with shooters nowadays, quality doesn't even matter.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Halo is not the best shooter out there, but it definetly is not on the same level as Killzone. That's a pretty low insult, and a false one in truth. Halo series has been a lot better than the Killzone series, and from my opinion of Halo, this isn't looking to great for my thoughts on Killzone.

This is why I always wonder why there is so much hype for KZ2. I guess with shooters nowadays, quality doesn't even matter.

yep thats why Halo 3 sold nearly 7 million copies and Bioshock which is 1000 times better sold less then 2 million. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I sure hope it does. I'm excited for KZ2 but I'm cautious...

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think Killzone 2 will, just because of hype alone.

ssj12 said:
Zucas said:

yep thats why Halo 3 sold nearly 7 million copies and Bioshock which is 1000 times better sold less then 2 million.

I have to agree here. Personally I dont like either game. Bioshock was pretty looking and average and Halo was average but had great multiplayer.

When it comes to FPS's is really hard to come up with something fresh at this point. I hanestly felt that FPS hit the final level of what you can do with Half Life 2 and still feel that way. You can make them prettier with more realistic violence/phisycs/whatever you may, but the real redeeming quality of a FPS(to me and MANY others) is its multiplayer value. Few games at all are worth more than one play through.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

ssj12 said:
Zucas said:

Bioshock good.  Bioshock sold more than it should, becuase the game was not a good game at all.  It was stereotypical, boring, and short.  There was nothing about the game that was the least bit impressive, and the people that bought into the hype of this, such as myself, should feel cheated.  

Halo 3 was the same way, but it least it has an addictive online component to keep you coming back.

But I think we are in agreement at least that shooters don't need quality anymore, all ya have is a bunch of people buying the same old stereotypical shit they've been making for 5 yrs.  Just advertise and hype, and the fools will buy into it, literally.  I wish someone could jsut come out and do something different with the shooter genre, like Retro did with Metroid Prime.  But there are no signs of that in the near future.