By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Killzone 2 sell better than UT3 on the PS3?

leo-j said:
KZ1 sold 3 M copies..

KZ on the psp sold more than a million if they put Europe copies.

KZ liberation is a huge improvement from KZ1, KZ1 has a 70 average KZ psp has a 80 average.

The ps2 was just to weak to handle KZ.

How come Killzone's sales keep increasing everytime someone brings it up, yet there is no official source that claims that Killzone every broke 1 Million units sold? Also, if the PS2 was too weak to handle Killzone then that demonstrates that the developers are not particularly good; after all if you're developing a first party title for a platform you should design for the hardware you have.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

The ps2 was just to weak to handle KZ.
 Come again????  The PS2 was too weak to handle KZ?  There are plenty of PS2 games with better graphics, control, and AI.  Killzone 1 wasn't bad because the PS2 couldn't handle it.  Killzone 1 was bad because Guerilla plain and simple made a mediocre game and hyped it up to be a AAA title.

"Killzone 2 has a good chance to sell 5 million LTD , while UT 3 can sell 1 million max "

How can Killzone 2 sell 5 million copies when there is only 8 million PS3 users? That means over half of the installation base would have to buy this game. Killzone One only sold .75 million copies and it had a much larger installation base with the Playstation 2. Killzone 2 will sell ok due to the hype by at least 1.5 million but I do agree that people need to stop buying into the hype of games. If I see another person hyping up Alan Wake...I will go crazy. There has been NO GAMEPLAY SHOWN BUT STILL PEOPLE SAY ITS AN AAA GAME. It is insanity!!!

Obviously!

@fighingillni

By the time KZ2 comes out which should be Q4 08, the install base should be atleast 15M.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
@fighingillni

By the time KZ2 comes out which should be Q4 08, the install base should be atleast 15M.

That still won't suggest that 1 out of 3 PS3 owners will buy the game.

leo-j said:
@fighingillni

Even though I think 15 Million may be high, how many of those users will be in Japan (a country which won't buy this game), and what percentage of users can you realistically say would be interested in this game?

If you assume 10 Million systems sold outside of Japan, and 25% of PS3 owners are interested in this type of game, then the maximum sales would be 2.5 Million; and that there is not another anticipated title when this game is released, or that multi-console owners don't choose to play a game on another console.

Yes.By far!

Quality for Life

I cant see KZ2 selling much more than resistance, which is at 2-3 million right now. It will smash UT3 which pretty much bombed on the system(the sales so far are ok, but for an UT game they are bad).

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Killzone 2 will easily outsell UT3 on the PS3, considering how badly UT3 has sold so far from November NPD, about 35k I think.