By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Killzone 2 sell better than UT3 on the PS3?

Real question is will Resistance 2 sell 5 Mill + 0_0?

Around the Network
S-L-I-P said:

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here: No.

Resistance had the benefit of being a launch game. There wasn't much else to buy. Resistance 2 won't be so lucky. 

totalwar23 said:
S-L-I-P said:

Resistance had the benefit of being a launch game. There wasn't much else to buy. Resistance 2 won't be so lucky. 

not true, people know that there will be a sequel ad it will be vastly improved. Also with the PSN store having demos, the info board, and in game news updates I'm pretty sure word will get out that the game was released. But ya 5 milion is high but 3 million is plausible. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
totalwar23 said:
S-L-I-P said:

not true, people know that there will be a sequel ad it will be vastly improved. Also with the PSN store having demos, the info board, and in game news updates I'm pretty sure word will get out that the game was released. But ya 5 milion is high but 3 million is plausible. 

It could be the PS3's biggest hit next year, in spite of the fact that KZ 2 will probably be better. It's main competitor will probably be CoD 5, which is tough to go up against, so that could adversely affect sales. They could also have competition  from each other, but sony will spread them out to prevent that

eugene said:
The Unreal Tournament franchise is a more critallly acclaimed series than the Killzone franchise from proven develpers at Epic studios who is also responsible for Gears of War. Killzone is  a historically mediocre franchise from a mediocre developer that has yet to make a triple A game or even sell a million copies of a single game. What chances does Killzone 2 have in selling better than Unreal Tournament 3?

correction (sorry if its already been said): Killzone 1 sold well over a million, its a greatest hits title. I don't have a link, but its sitting in my living room in my box of games with Greatest hits writtin on top. This site only says like 700k or something but thats not including Europe and Japan, so its over a million.

on topic: Yes i think it will sell better than UT3 for the PS3. It will be a fantastic game and I, for one, will buy it day 1

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
ssj12 said:
totalwar23 said:
S-L-I-P said:

It could be the PS3's biggest hit next year, in spite of the fact that KZ 2 will probably be better. It's main competitor will probably be CoD 5, which is tough to go up against, so that could adversely affect sales. They could also have competition from each other, but sony will spread them out to prevent that

Sorry, but I'll bet with anyone Resistance 2 will sell less than 2 million.

I think it will. This game is hyped beyond believe. And we're not talking L.A.I.R hype hear, this is the real McCoy. L.A.I.R was hyped as a saving grace, it was shit. Killzone is actually being hyped for being a (hopefully) good game.

Lets not forget the ever-growing instal base and the fact that the PS3 is the only platform that you'll be able to play the game on. UT3 was already on the PC, and it coming out on the 360.

Oh, and games need to sell 750k to go platinum/greatest hits.

totalwar23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
ssj12 said:
totalwar23 said:
S-L-I-P said:

It could be the PS3's biggest hit next year, in spite of the fact that KZ 2 will probably be better. It's main competitor will probably be CoD 5, which is tough to go up against, so that could adversely affect sales. They could also have competition from each other, but sony will spread them out to prevent that

I'll take that bet. I think it sells 2.5 - 3 million

Yes

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

TurdFergusonMcGee said:
totalwar23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
ssj12 said:
totalwar23 said:
S-L-I-P said:

I'll take that bet. I think it sells 2.5 - 3 million

You're on.