By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Killzone 2 sell better than UT3 on the PS3?

Ive never played KZ or UT. But I will most likely pick up KZ2 cause I tend to buy more first party titles than 3rd. If Uncharted or COD4 wouldnt have come out in November I might have picked up UT3. Im not sure if the PS3 has that big of a fan base for 3rd person shooters. I think that MGS4 will do better than KZ 2.

Around the Network
smgod2 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
I don't understand all this UT3 bombing on PS3 talk, as far as I know it sold better than the PC version of the game.

uh can anyone confirm this? thx

can't really but UT3 sold 34K units in November so December sales will probably be lower. In any case UT was supposed to be a PC series but Epic screwed PC users in favor of the PS3 version so of course it flopped in the water. What do you expect? There are so much better multiplayers for the PC than UT3.

This sit only has american sales of KZ1. it dosen't have European/others numbers 75k is USA alone. the PS2 was never a heavy FPS console nor did it have a FPS fanbase at the time. but KZ did pretty damn good. people the install base means nothing when there are just Sooo much compitition and software on a system. hell okami was a great game but sales bombed due to soo many great games released around it.

killzone 1 sold pretty decent even though it was an average game to most

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Not much of a question. KZ2 will sell way more then UT3. Especially since UT3 isn't exactly tearing up the PS3 in sales.

Around the Network
totalwar23 said:
smgod2 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
I don't understand all this UT3 bombing on PS3 talk, as far as I know it sold better than the PC version of the game.

uh can anyone confirm this? thx

can't really but UT3 sold 34K units in November so December sales will probably be lower. In any case UT was supposed to be a PC series but Epic screwed PC users in favor of the PS3 version so of course it flopped in the water. What do you expect? There are so much better multiplayers for the PC than UT3.

PC game sales are different then console. PC games have legs that last years console games normally only last a month at max. The more PC gamers that upgrade their hardware the more PC gamers will pick up UT3. There are still a ton of peope who have no picked up Half-Life 2 on PC because people are still using Intel's integrated pos cards in their PCs and running single cored 2.2 GHz and below processors (sadly this type of PC is regularly available at electronics stores).

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Please don't feed the trolls.

KZ2 will sell better, because Sony will advertise it like mad. They have been investing in this game like crazy, and it seems to be their #1 in-house project. They are putting everything they have into this game, Lord knows why.

To be a million seller than only need another 999999 since I'm getting this for sure.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

ya it will duh this thread is stupid.