By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Publisher Did The Best/Worst This Generation

Hey Everbody  :)

Since this year will be the Final year that next gen consoles will not come out i wanted to know from yall who do yall think was the best and worst publishers this gen. What publisher do yall think made the best games and what publisher disappointed us all with not many quality games.

Personally i think the best Publisher this gen was Take-Two. GTA 4, RDR, and LA Noire were all extremly great and memorable games with two of them winning Game Of The Year. Also there portable GTA games were also really good on the handhelds.  

It took me a while to think about what publisher did the worst this gen. But as much as it hurts me to say this i think that Square Enix was the worst. Just Cause 2 i think was the only console game they made that was decent this gen. FF XIII was nothing like the previous FF games as far as gameplay and difficulty is concerned, Star Ocean was not that great as the previous installments, MindJack, FFXIV, and Nier were all meh as well. And to be honest i think the only games i have enjoyed from Square this gen were only on the handhelds. 

These are all just my opinions so please dont get offended or the need to quote me with a reply. This is how i feel as of right now with these publsihers this gen.

So who do yall think is doing the best this gen and who do yall think is doing bad this gen. Let me know.  :)

Hopefully this game will change my mind when it releases.                                               

Around the Network

I'm going with Nintendo as the best publisher/developer this generation and Square Enix as the worst publisher this generation.

Sony is a very surprising publisher this gen. I can't tell if they are the best but they are easily the most surprising to me.

Square Enix on the other hand isn't exactly the worst publisher but they are the most disappointing.

well i dont really think there are any bad publishers this gen their all trying their best. idk nintendo or capcom for best though.

lets look at the facts before every1 comes in and says square enix for worst last year they had records profits and have lost money in 1 quarter this gen multiple other companies have lost shit loads more money and had less sales than then.

Around the Network

Sony I guess. Uncharted series, God of War 3, GT, and Killzone were really good. Square Enix is last though. FF13 was the biggest disappointment ever.

Best is a toss up between Nintendo, Sony and TakeTwo... Probably tipping in Nintendo's favour due to the sheer amount of games sold.

Worst is probably Square Enix... Mainly down to Wada and stupid business decisions.

yum123 said:
lets look at the facts before every1 comes in and says square enix for worst last year they had records profits and have lost money in 1 quarter this gen multiple other companies have lost shit loads more money and had less sales than then.

We are not talking about sales or money. We are talking about which one was the best and worse this gen. Just because square's  games sold well does not mean they were good.

Hopefully they will learn from there mistakes and not disappoint the rest of this gen and next gen.  :)

Carl2291 said:
Best is a toss up between Nintendo, Sony and TakeTwo... Probably tipping in Nintendo's favour due to the sheer amount of games sold.

Worst is probably Square Enix... Mainly down to Wada and stupid business decisions.

I agree with your SE decision.  :)

And aren't Rockstar and TakeTwo the Same companys...

BEST: with out a doubt it goes to Sony(including both first party and IP owned titles) and NIS(A): they work so had and practically release everything here in the states like they do in Japan(unlike some company...I'M LOOKING AT YOU NB!!!) with major bonuses for just buying the game

worst devs: Square-Enix: I think S-E is working on way too many projects at once thus the reason why its taking so long for them to produce titles: we've waited 5 years for FF XIII and probably wait 6-7+ years for FF XIII Versus & FF Type-0...don't get me started on a KH3...we get 3 side stories and a remake?...really S-E. And on top of that have been ignoring your fans a remake of FF7 ever since 2007. though I will sound hypocritical, S-E needs to take a step back and see that they have other titles than FF and KH where's grandia 4, radiata stories II, Xenogears II, Vagrant Stories II, Threads of Fate  II, another chrono game? get Tri-ace to do another SO or VP(seriously...why hasn't S-E bought them yet?) S-E needs to go back to popping out titles like the PS1 gen or atleast bring those fanchises back, you guys are sitting on a goldmine.

Namco Bandia: I have never seen a company try(and maybe successfully) kill one their greates fanchises: Tales of Series. I mean we didn't get any of the DS games, only one PSP game, Nothing for the PS3(outside Japan and before the confimation of Tales of graces F) a somwhat incomplete version of Tales of Vesperia, release nothing but crappy to sub-par games(tekken 6 was a disaster)in the wset and then wonder why your profits are so low and then say "we're putting are focus Japan" like you ever gave a sh*t about the west. You've pissed me of big time NB, but it seems your getting on the right track...but you have a long ways to go.

/rant