By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Shadows of the damned sales. Ouch!

There's a few games this summer that have bombed, not just bombed but failed to ever take off... this, Alice, Hunted... While each game has their own problems which can likely explain their sales problems, I think the main point to take from it is the sobering reality of how difficult it is to have a hit in the summer months.

It seems like after Rockstar release their 'big' open world game in May (RDR, LA Noire) everything from then until September simply can't gain any sales steam. Off the top of my head last summer saw Prince of Persia, singularity, Blur all bomb in a similiar way.

Dreadful sales either way and I'd assume this'll put an end to EA's foray into Japanese development. Helps us put into perspective just how well No More Heroes actually did.

Around the Network
Degausser said:
It seems like after Rockstar release their 'big' open world game in May (RDR, LA Noire) everything from then until September simply can't gain any sales steam. Off the top of my head last summer saw Prince of Persia, singularity, Blur all bomb in a similiar way.

2 games kill all the other games? I call bullshit on that. Those 2 games don't even cover all the genes. LA Noire is also niche and sold as well as it die due to massive ad campange and rely largely on Rockstar rep.

Galaki said:
Degausser said:

2 games kill all the other games? I call bullshit on that. Those 2 games don't even cover all the genes. LA Noire is also niche and sold as well as it die due to massive ad campange and rely largely on Rockstar rep.

Ow please... don't you remember that GTA4 killed the Wii? then surely 2 other Rockstar games can kill some games..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Another game that bombed was Hunted the Demon's Forge. And of course, I bought it. And, after finishing it this afternoon, I think it was really fun. Again, I have not encountered any bugs during my playthrough. The only thing that bugged me was the god awful translation in french. Really bad.

I can't wait until tomorrow to see if the sales of Shadows of the Damned have picked up...I am sure it will be a complete disaster, but one can hope...

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

If only this did better than COD!