By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 'Interesting Facts About Your Country' Thread

sapphi_snake said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Contrary to popular belief, in Spain practically no-one likes flamenco or bullfighting. It isn't a very religious country either.

Then why do you continue thatbarbaric practice???!!!

Because it is considered a "tradition" and the few people that do like it (I've never met one, they're mostly in the south) want to keep it for that reason. Also, many people who have never watched a bullfight in their lives defend it, because it's part of the Spanish culture according to them, even though there are like 10 more popular sports (if you can call that a sport) in Spain.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

In my country we pay around 1/3 of our paychecks in tax

After that it gets even better, every single item we buy in stores have a added tax aswell

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

In my country we used to have a prime minister who tortured his colleagues from all around the world by inviting them for a dinner of "pig stomach".

Thats how evil we are.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Potable_Toe said:
chris.m95 said:
An english man made the first ever plane not america. Unfortunately it is forgotten as although the plane flew it wasn't powered by and engine (that was the wright brothers)

If you are talking about Percy Pilcher you are half right. He did invent the first Aeroplane but it was indeed powered by an engine, unfortunately on the day that he had intended to show it off to investors the engine broke-down. Being unable to fix the engine in time he decided that he would at the very least put on a performance with his gliders, being a fairly famous expert glider at the time, during his demostration however the wing on his glider broke and he fell 50' and died meaning that he was never rightly credited for his invention. Recently though his plans were rediscovered and made exactly to specification, the resultant aeorplane worked. Interestingly not only did it work but it was far more efficient and capable than the Wright brothers later version flying for 26 seconds longer whilst in 'dead calm' conditions.

This guy was from yorkshire and made a glider back in the 1800's. it was the first ever "flying machine"

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Baseball was invented in England.

Around the Network

Serbia is the most disrespected and mistreated country in Europe

Player1x3 said:

Shouldn't start wars then should ya?

Sweden is the first european country to get the NES, thanks to the efforts of the import company Bergsala AB.
There were plans to release a special nordic famicom for the swedsh market, but they were abandoned so that Nintnedo could focus on releasing the NES in the USA.
Bergsala AB's headquarters lies on Mario's gata, a street near the town of Kungsbacka renamed after Nintendo's Mario.

I LOVE ICELAND!

brendude13 said:
Player1x3 said:

Shouldn't start wars then should ya?

What wars?

Costa rica is the happiest country of the world... and we have one of the 4 blue zones...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064