By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Will we ever find Life on other Planets???

Will we ever find Life on other Planets???

Yes. In the near future. 25-75 years. 49 32.24%

Yes. In the distant future. 100-300 years. 37 24.34%

Yes.In the WAY distant fu... 25 16.45%

No. We will never be able... 12 7.89%

No. We are to busy destro... 7 4.61%

No. Life from other planets will find us. 8 5.26%

See results. 12 7.89%

Total:150

It's inevitable. In fact we could find "life" within our own solar system. Now intelligent life on the same level as animals, or even humans, might be a wee way off. I think eventually there will be some way to detect organic processes without having to visit planets, or at least detect clues of organic processes.

I think interacting with technologically advances species other than by remote communication is way way way off. I'd guess the nearest planet with civilisation is likely to be 10's to 100's of light-years away. Who knows, maybe we are the most technologically advanced species in the galaxy and all other species with the potential for technological advancement haven't even discovered agriculture yet.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Primitive forms should be quite common in the universe and we'll likely find some in the near future, but don't expect to find intelligent ones easily. Had Mars had larger mass and so kept its atmosphere denser through time, we could still find life on it (or more life if some rare remnants are still left and lurk somewhere).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Primitive forms should be quite common in the universe and we'll likely find some in the near future, but don't expect to find intelligent ones easily. Had Mars had larger mass and so kept its atmosphere denser through time, we could still find life on it (or more life if some rare remnants are still left and lurk somewhere).

There is a theory that says that life appeared on the seas of Mars and, when it evaporated by the Sun life was kept in that steam of water that went out of the planet, got frozen and eventually ended colliding with the Earth. So our life may be Mars' life. We could be aliens!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

n_nod2012 said:
Nope I do not believe that there is other life forms in universe. I believe in the bible and that is my opinion, and I'm not trying to start a religious battle. It is just what I believe.

Bible doesnt say anything about other forms of life outside this planet nor does it go against the idea

Player1x3 said:
n_nod2012 said:
Nope I do not believe that there is other life forms in universe. I believe in the bible and that is my opinion, and I'm not trying to start a religious battle. It is just what I believe.

Bible doesnt say anything about other forms of life outside this planet nor does it go against the idea

Amen to that brother.  :)

Around the Network

yes, but not intelligent life forms

We will definitely find non intelligent life. As for intelligent life, it depends on how you define "intelligent".

Finding higher life is a whole other story. It took 5.5 Billion years on earth to develop organisms with more than one cell. a lot stars die way sooner so there is no time to develop higher life forms. then a lot stars have a low metallicity. no heavy elements no solid planets. deeper in the galaxy there are too many stars that means 100% chance to get a supernova blast hit from a short distance, a hit sterilize the planet, blows away the atmosphere and can melt the surface or transform the planet to dust.

so for higher life the planet has to be not too far in the galaxy and not too far out (low metallicity) then most suns have a lot bigger dust cloud meaning 10-100 times more meteors would rain down. then planet must be in the right distance red dwarfs are so cold that planets must orbit near to the stars and are tidally locked also they become a lot hotter from time to time. red dwarfs are 90% of all stars. then a big iron core is necessary and a stable solar neighborhood .

Man ihope so, my only thing is that I wont be able to probably se them at a young age as i am know if ever.

Nope I don't think we will ever find life on other planets...at least not intelligent.