By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Will we ever find Life on other Planets???

Will we ever find Life on other Planets???

Yes. In the near future. 25-75 years. 49 32.24%

Yes. In the distant future. 100-300 years. 37 24.34%

Yes.In the WAY distant fu... 25 16.45%

No. We will never be able... 12 7.89%

No. We are to busy destro... 7 4.61%

No. Life from other planets will find us. 8 5.26%

See results. 12 7.89%

Total:150
JEMC said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Primitive forms should be quite common in the universe and we'll likely find some in the near future, but don't expect to find intelligent ones easily. Had Mars had larger mass and so kept its atmosphere denser through time, we could still find life on it (or more life if some rare remnants are still left and lurk somewhere).

There is a theory that says that life appeared on the seas of Mars and, when it evaporated by the Sun life was kept in that steam of water that went out of the planet, got frozen and eventually ended colliding with the Earth. So our life may be Mars' life. We could be aliens!

Not impossible, but the higher solar energy and denser atmosphere available on Earth make it more likely that life started first and evolved faster here than on Mars. But exchange of early life forms cast in space between the two planets isn't impossible, it could have happened, due to meteorites fallen in the seas, for example.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

life on other planets do exist. i believe in that more than life not existing on other planets. Think of how big the universe is! we can't possible be the only planet with life on it!

if we ever will get in contact with other lifeforms depends on how far we can travel. i mean we might never find anything on mars or any other planets in our soler system or even in our galaxy. but maybe they will find us hopefully though not to invade our planet though it would be cool as well as humans would unite for once lol (stupid humans killing each other).

but what if they already have found us and have been here for many years. it is a possibility i mean who could prove it wrong or right?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I don't believe in extraterrestrials or life forms outside the earth's atmosphere.

However, I do believe in extraordinary terrestrials.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Kirameo said:
We will definitely find non intelligent life. As for intelligent life, it depends on how you define "intelligent".

I don't remember where I read this, but here are the stages of intelligence: 

- Reflex (ex. plant)
- instinct (ants, spiders, flies)
- memory (most animals)
- reason (Humans, some mammals)
- feelings (Humans, some mammals?)
- will (only humans)

I would assume an intelligent creature would be somewhere between instinct and memory.  

hatmoza said:
I don't believe in extraterrestrials or life forms outside the earth's atmosphere.

Care to elaborate?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
hatmoza said:

Care to elaborate?

nah, because it will turn into a religious debate, and I prefer to keep my religious beliefs to myself.

But I will correct myself. I believe in God and angels, so my prior statement was completely wrong. However I don't believe in extraterrestrials as the OP depicts them.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Jay520 said:
hatmoza said:

Care to elaborate?

nah, because it will turn into a religious debate, and I prefer to keep my religious beliefs to myself.

But I will correct myself. I believe in God and angels, so my prior statement was completely wrong. However I don't believe in extraterrestrials as the OP depicts them.

no fun : (

hatmoza said:

So you think we are the only intelligent life forms in the whole Universe?!?!

ThePS3News said:
hatmoza said:

So you think we are the only intelligent life forms in the whole Universe?!?!

That's tough to answer without sounding like a religious nut-job

Jay520 said:
Kirameo said:
We will definitely find non intelligent life. As for intelligent life, it depends on how you define "intelligent".

I don't remember where I read this, but here are the stages of intelligence: 

- Reflex (ex. plant)
- instinct (ants, spiders, flies)
- memory (most animals)
- reason (Humans, some mammals)
- feelings (Humans, some mammals?)
- will (only humans and cats)

I would assume an intelligent creature would be somewhere between instinct and memory.  

Fixed for you.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!