By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Will we ever find Life on other Planets???

Will we ever find Life on other Planets???

Yes. In the near future. 25-75 years. 49 32.24%

Yes. In the distant future. 100-300 years. 37 24.34%

Yes.In the WAY distant fu... 25 16.45%

No. We will never be able... 12 7.89%

No. We are to busy destro... 7 4.61%

No. Life from other planets will find us. 8 5.26%

See results. 12 7.89%

Total:150

There are no other life or has there ever been proof of another life, but it's a myth.

Around the Network
WiseOwl said:
There are no other life or has there ever been proof of another life, but it's a myth.

So you mean that if there is no proof that something exits then it does not exist until it is found?

There does not need to be proof of something’s existence before it is found for it to be there.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

WiseOwl said:

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

Jay520 said:
WiseOwl said:

Well that sums up what I meant in one sentence :)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Jay520 said:
WiseOwl said:

Very well said jay.  :)

Around the Network
padib said:
There is extra-terrestrial life out there, some of us are active members of this forum.

LOL. Could you name some of them please.  :)

Let's turn around the question: will life from other planets ever find us?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

First of all, nice pics, second, the universe is not infinite it is still expanding and is expanding ever more rapidly, and considering that life is also cells, bacterium and unicellular, life exists in this solar system. But I think that you mean "intelligent" life... If that is the case, I strongly believe that in the enormous quantity of stars and galaxies and the so far away from human imagination size of the cosmos there is a lot of intelligent life.

There probably was, is and definitely will be other intelligent life in the universe. How we evolved might have a low probability but it is not unique. And we don't even know yet if there might be other ways that lead to intelligent life, not based on carbon and water.

However we might never be able to contact others or recognize them. The universe is expanding at a rate greater then the speed of light and accelerating. Parts are already forever out of reach.
Even intelligent life in the same galaxy can easily be 120 thousand light years away. Light takes longer to reach us from there, then it took to develop modern human intelligence.

Maybe we get lucky and there is another intelligent species nearby, but we'll probably just find bacteria in our vicinity.

Who knows what will happen. We've only been aware of the universe for a couple of thousand years. Send our first signals into space with the invention of radio and our furthest probe, voyager 1, is only 16 light hours away from us in 33 years. It is expected to exit the solar system in 2014.
Sending a probe to the nearest earth like planet is not feasible yet. The best we can do right now is send upgraded versions of the Hubble space telescope into interstellar space and get a clear multi-angle view of nearby star systems.

Unless we develop a travel method that is faster than light aka Warp etc, I doubt it.
I imagine it takes at least another 100 years or so before we get that technology, but then it shouldn't take any longer than 10 to 15 years until we hit the first alien life species.
The question should also what you understand as "life on other Planets". Do you think some low-level bacteria is life, or do you think it has to be a species with intelligence.
Also, technically, Life on other planets also include the first humans on Mars :D

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.