By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Fire Emblem thread! SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

Which is your favourite Fire Emblem game?

Fire Emblem 1 (Shadow Dragon) 15 11.19%

Fire Emblem Gaiden 0 0%

Fire Emblem (Mystery of the Emblem) 2 1.49%

Fire Emblem (Genealogy of Holy War) 3 2.24%

Fire Emblem (Thracia 776) 0 0%

Fire Emblem (Sword of Seals) 3 2.24%

Fire Emblem (Reignev No Ken) 16 11.94%

Fire Emblem (Sacred Stones) 25 18.66%

Fire Emblem (Path Of Radiance) 17 12.69%

Fire Emblem (Radiant Dawn) 50 37.31%

Total:131
Mad55 said:
Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:
Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:
I have ownly played the wii version and havent beaten it yet because I suck at it, but i will say that I like it alot.

Which bit would you be at, if you can remember? 

On hard it's nigh on impossible. The key in all FE games is to level up the weaker characters at the start, as well as the main character. And tier 2 unit, ignore. They'll only harm you later on.

Hmm I cant remember its been about a month or 2 since ive played though i may go back to it this month, Im pretty sure i was after the point where you escape this dungeon like prison area.

I can think of two areas like this- one right at the start (you get Ilyana and Aran here) and one quite near the end (Fort Knox?). There's also one where you have to save the soldiers from the cells as well, I believe a Fire Sage is the boss. It's the first chance to use Fiona, but she's like the worst character anyway

If it was the first or last, I'd say re-do it on Easy. If not, re-start the chapter and save pretty much all the time at the start of your turn. Then anything bad which happens, you can re-start it from the turn before. And use all your bonus exp. on your favourite character, and you'll make it eventually!

Hmm sounds liek a plan i may try this tonight, the game is fun to play but once i get stuck i stop for awhile.

That's cool. Also, just a quick check- is the lead character Miciah (DAMN SPELLING), Elincia, Ike or Sanaki (It includes all the characters here, but she only joins in Part 4.) ? That will determine which part you're in. PArt 1 is 11 chapters, Part 2 is 5, PArt 3 is 16 nd Prt 4 is 7 (well, actually 11 because of how long the last chapter is!)

@Shadowfest3- Thanks for the support! You should totally give them a go if you get a chance! I'd suggest Shadow Dragon (DS) or Radiant Dawn (Wii) as good starting points- they're the most accessible.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

"Reignev No Ken"

The fuck?

Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:
Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:
Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:
I have ownly played the wii version and havent beaten it yet because I suck at it, but i will say that I like it alot.

Which bit would you be at, if you can remember? 

On hard it's nigh on impossible. The key in all FE games is to level up the weaker characters at the start, as well as the main character. And tier 2 unit, ignore. They'll only harm you later on.

Hmm I cant remember its been about a month or 2 since ive played though i may go back to it this month, Im pretty sure i was after the point where you escape this dungeon like prison area.

I can think of two areas like this- one right at the start (you get Ilyana and Aran here) and one quite near the end (Fort Knox?). There's also one where you have to save the soldiers from the cells as well, I believe a Fire Sage is the boss. It's the first chance to use Fiona, but she's like the worst character anyway

If it was the first or last, I'd say re-do it on Easy. If not, re-start the chapter and save pretty much all the time at the start of your turn. Then anything bad which happens, you can re-start it from the turn before. And use all your bonus exp. on your favourite character, and you'll make it eventually!

Hmm sounds liek a plan i may try this tonight, the game is fun to play but once i get stuck i stop for awhile.

That's cool. Also, just a quick check- is the lead character Miciah (DAMN SPELLING), Elincia, Ike or Sanaki (It includes all the characters here, but she only joins in Part 4.) ? That will determine which part you're in. PArt 1 is 11 chapters, Part 2 is 5, PArt 3 is 16 nd Prt 4 is 7 (well, actually 11 because of how long the last chapter is!)

@Shadowfest3- Thanks for the support! You should totally give them a go if you get a chance! I'd suggest Shadow Dragon (DS) or Radiant Dawn (Wii) as good starting points- they're the most accessible.

pretty sure its miciah the chick  and the awesome theif dude who hits twice alot.

I cant wait for the next one.

Crona said:
"Reignev No Ken"

The fuck?

Rekka No Ken, my bad >.<

@Mad55- DO NOT USE THE AWESOME THEIF. He has terrible growth and stats later on, trust me, the exp. is better spent on Miciah, Edward, Nolan and Aran. Pretty slim pickings from part 1, actually.

I reckon you're about 10% in. If you ever find out what the name of the chapter is, that'd make things MUCH easier!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I choosed FE7, Blazing sword, and I am quite amazed it's on top.

I played FE7 and FE8 , the ones on GBA. I think I reached 200 hours on each, beat in difficult; that was tons of fun.

I was very eager to play the GC and Wii ones, but, I was quite taken aback by the graphics and the mechanism with the Laguz. I prefer by far the 2d sprites over a polygon character. Couldn't finish those two ^^

Radiant Dawn is the best game of this generation, highly underrated by reviewers because they dont like to read. I can't decide which one is my favorite but is between Blazing Sword and Radiant Dawn.

Too bad that Nintendo didn't continue suporting the series this gen with new games.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

You could've just put Fire Emblem. No real need for the Japanese subtitles except for the ones that didn't come here.

Anyways, Fire Emblem is my favorite. 2nd favorite game of all time, its just amazing. Really like Sacred Stones and Sword of Seals. SoS was hard as hell and I lost my save files half-way through the game so unfortunately I never beat it. Shadow Dragon was a horrible game unfortunately...

Quick note - I've attempted to play Path of Radiance three different times and each time I put 22+hours into the game and quit at around the same chapters. It's a good game....I dunno what is wrong with me. I just want them on a handheld I guess.

Conegamer said:

I reckon you're about 10% in. If you ever find out what the name of the chapter is, that'd make things MUCH easier!

If he's just obtained Ilyana (as it sounds to be), then it will be chapter 1-3, "A Faint Light".

However, on your previous point of the run throughs, yes - the additions to the story and changes to it are of great import and give a reason to care and actually look into characters the second time round. At which point, yes - I did find myself able to invest in characters but not so much more than I did in other games.

A first time round is often the most impactual however, I would profess. Playthroughs often being slightly lessened in this.

The true test of any scholar's work is not what his contemporaries say, but what happens to his work in the next 25 or 50 years. - Milton Friedman.

Ninpanda said:

I've only played Rekka no Ken.

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the game. I have this stupid "no soldier left behind" instinct, so I have to make sure everyone is leveled to the point where they can defend themselves, leaving me with a well-balanced but relatively weak team. It's not like, say, Advance Wars, where every unit is a faceless ship. (at least from what I've played) No, every unit has a face, a name, and a specific function. I simply cannot let anyone die and then continue on without them.

It's stupid, I know.

Another thing is that it's pretty legitimately difficult, and chance can fuck you over pretty bad. And since you're trying to keep everyone alive... Well, yeah. Between that one guy in the fog you didn't see, the critical hit that OHKO's one of your units, or those effing archers against which your Pegasus Knight is completely helpless... I would absolutely detest the game if it weren't so damn fun. Thank you, Nintendo, for creating a torture machine which the victim openly elects to submit themselves to.

It's not stupid. Most FE players that i've seen or heard of try to play it with no character losses. Usually you only accepta  loss if if you're at the end of your tether, having tried a chapter again and again but still not being able to beat it clean.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.