By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Fire Emblem thread! SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

Which is your favourite Fire Emblem game?

Fire Emblem 1 (Shadow Dragon) 15 11.19%

Fire Emblem Gaiden 0 0%

Fire Emblem (Mystery of the Emblem) 2 1.49%

Fire Emblem (Genealogy of Holy War) 3 2.24%

Fire Emblem (Thracia 776) 0 0%

Fire Emblem (Sword of Seals) 3 2.24%

Fire Emblem (Reignev No Ken) 16 11.94%

Fire Emblem (Sacred Stones) 25 18.66%

Fire Emblem (Path Of Radiance) 17 12.69%

Fire Emblem (Radiant Dawn) 50 37.31%

Total:131
Sheeplord said:
Honestly? I find myself in unmitigated preference for FE7. I cannot give preference or creedence to anything previous to 7 but I found Sacred Stones a walkover and thus that fails to actually entertain me as a videogame. Even ignoring that, other Fire Emblems display stories I find superior.
Now, as to FE9 and FE10, yes - they were good but I still found them easier than Rekka no Ken. The challenge and difficulty in trying a different tactic or entering the game on a harder difficulty is a rather mitigating factor.
As to story, meh - Path of Radiance did not hit me as particularly special for the FE games. A cool story, graphics are shinier but the other games have cool stories and graphics can go hang themselves. If the game doesn't lack textures and/or the style suits the gameplay, I'm not concerned with how many pixels it employs.
I could cite FE10 as a good, if not amazing game but something that makes for a huge sticking point, one I just cannot take out of account - Battle Saves. They provide a safety net that whilst it's my choice to use, left the game feeling somewhat unsatisfying for having them there at all. It took out a lot of my investment in playing through a chapter or following a tactic. By knowing I could, half way through - just cut out the first half of a level, I lacked as strong an investment.thought in what I was doing and thus lacked an investment in my units that I had in other Fire Emblems.

Some good points there. But on hard, there are no mid-save points.

I was under the impression that most people didn't like RD. Guess I was wrong.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I have ownly played the wii version and havent beaten it yet because I suck at it, but i will say that I like it alot.

Mad55 said:
I have ownly played the wii version and havent beaten it yet because I suck at it, but i will say that I like it alot.

Which bit would you be at, if you can remember? 

On hard it's nigh on impossible. The key in all FE games is to level up the weaker characters at the start, as well as the main character. And tier 2 unit, ignore. They'll only harm you later on.

Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:

On hard it's nigh on impossible. The key in all FE games is to level up the weaker characters at the start, as well as the main character. And tier 2 unit, ignore. They'll only harm you later on.

Hmm I cant remember its been about a month or 2 since ive played though i may go back to it this month, Im pretty sure i was after the point where you escape this dungeon like prison area.

Conegamer said:
Sheeplord said:
Honestly? I find myself in unmitigated preference for FE7. I cannot give preference or creedence to anything previous to 7 but I found Sacred Stones a walkover and thus that fails to actually entertain me as a videogame. Even ignoring that, other Fire Emblems display stories I find superior.
Now, as to FE9 and FE10, yes - they were good but I still found them easier than Rekka no Ken. The challenge and difficulty in trying a different tactic or entering the game on a harder difficulty is a rather mitigating factor.
As to story, meh - Path of Radiance did not hit me as particularly special for the FE games. A cool story, graphics are shinier but the other games have cool stories and graphics can go hang themselves. If the game doesn't lack textures and/or the style suits the gameplay, I'm not concerned with how many pixels it employs.
I could cite FE10 as a good, if not amazing game but something that makes for a huge sticking point, one I just cannot take out of account - Battle Saves. They provide a safety net that whilst it's my choice to use, left the game feeling somewhat unsatisfying for having them there at all. It took out a lot of my investment in playing through a chapter or following a tactic. By knowing I could, half way through - just cut out the first half of a level, I lacked as strong an investment.thought in what I was doing and thus lacked an investment in my units that I had in other Fire Emblems.

I know they don't exist on hard but the thing is, a first play-through will never be on hard in a game (or at least, I never try that). Once I've gone through a storyline once, I know what happens, I know that it eventually is ok for a character or that they die. Knowing a character's fate and the exactness of the details often ruins any ability to develop a proper attachment.

The true test of any scholar's work is not what his contemporaries say, but what happens to his work in the next 25 or 50 years. - Milton Friedman.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:

Hmm I cant remember its been about a month or 2 since ive played though i may go back to it this month, Im pretty sure i was after the point where you escape this dungeon like prison area.

I can think of two areas like this- one right at the start (you get Ilyana and Aran here) and one quite near the end (Fort Knox?). There's also one where you have to save the soldiers from the cells as well, I believe a Fire Sage is the boss. It's the first chance to use Fiona, but she's like the worst character anyway

If it was the first or last, I'd say re-do it on Easy. If not, re-start the chapter and save pretty much all the time at the start of your turn. Then anything bad which happens, you can re-start it from the turn before. And use all your bonus exp. on your favourite character, and you'll make it eventually!

This is one of the first franchises I hope to see appear on the Wii-U.

The artstyle within the cutscenes of Path of Radiance was exceptional, and I'd love to see the 3D battling in HD.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Sheeplord said:
Conegamer said:
Sheeplord said:

I know they don't exist on hard but the thing is, a first play-through will never be on hard in a game (or at least, I never try that). Once I've gone through a storyline once, I know what happens, I know that it eventually is ok for a character or that they die. Knowing a character's fate and the exactness of the details often ruins any ability to develop a proper attachment.

True, but at least you have the alternate story arcs (Pelleas, Oliver, Rafiel, Lehran etc. and 2 different endings, for example). And on hard, the levels change, as do the goals. That was enough for a second walkthrough for me.

@SaviorX- This X1,000,000. Imagine having all the info in your hands, but MOAR. Awesome.

Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:
Conegamer said:
Mad55 said:

I can think of two areas like this- one right at the start (you get Ilyana and Aran here) and one quite near the end (Fort Knox?). There's also one where you have to save the soldiers from the cells as well, I believe a Fire Sage is the boss. It's the first chance to use Fiona, but she's like the worst character anyway

If it was the first or last, I'd say re-do it on Easy. If not, re-start the chapter and save pretty much all the time at the start of your turn. Then anything bad which happens, you can re-start it from the turn before. And use all your bonus exp. on your favourite character, and you'll make it eventually!

Hmm sounds liek a plan i may try this tonight, the game is fun to play but once i get stuck i stop for awhile.

Sorry but I've never played a Fire Emblem game . However, I will voice my support for the games because you like them so much. I hope this helps out .