By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo responds to Xenoblade's localization efforts (along with Monolithsoft, Mistwalker)

Tagged games:

Zlejedi said:
manuel said:

The question for me is, how in the world could they believe that Xenoblade and The Last Story wouldn't sell well enough?

I'm sure they'd sell more than enough to see a healthy profit. (Especially if they just left the Japanese voices and used subtitles.)

Compare  localization effort of Last Story or Xenoblade which are rpg with tons of dialogue lines to Mario game or Wii something. Then compare sales expectations for those two.

I (being a translator) know how much time and money it costs to localize a game. And I know that big RPGs are very expensive to localize. But still, even if there is only little profit involved, they'd have to do it for the fans (I'm talking about morality here... and I know that asking morality from a big company is pointless, but...).

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
manuel said:
Zlejedi said:
manuel said:

The question for me is, how in the world could they believe that Xenoblade and The Last Story wouldn't sell well enough?

I'm sure they'd sell more than enough to see a healthy profit. (Especially if they just left the Japanese voices and used subtitles.)

Compare  localization effort of Last Story or Xenoblade which are rpg with tons of dialogue lines to Mario game or Wii something. Then compare sales expectations for those two.

I (being a translator) know how much time and money it costs to localize a game. And I know that big RPGs are very expensive to localize. But still, even if there is only little profit involved, they'd have to do it for the fans (I'm talking about morality here... and I know that asking morality from a big company is pointless, but...).

They're already being translated. I could understand it if there were no plans to translate them whatsoever, but Xenoblade is coming to Europe in September, and The Last Story is being planned for early 2012.

Xenoblade sounds bad, TLS? Not so much...

Also, GIVE US A XC RELEASE DATE IN THE UK!!! ;)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

manuel said:
Zlejedi said:
manuel said:

Well I have a single advise that always work in case of Nintendo:

If what they do doesn't make sense think about them as a bunch of greedy assholes and everything sudenly jumps into proper places ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

im torn, on the one hand it sucks that i wont be able to play a game unless i mod my console or buy another one, just like some other people. On the other hand im getting a sick sense of being able to say " i told you so"

Around the Network

Im already in plans to mod my Wii and import Xenoblade, Thanks NoA

I am very displeased with Ninty's strategy on this, even being a EU resident.

We in EU have been refused some games, without reasons (Excitebots), or we had some games you US residents had after a long wait (SSBM : 6 months...)

Since the beginning of the Wii era, we Ninty fans have been spitted in the face. Drought, 3rd party desistment, price of games, nonexistent 2nd hand market, non gamer focus, shitware fest, rehearsal of 25 yo IPs, nonexistent online, ubershitty WiiWare, superdupershitty VC, useless WM+, poor motion control implementation, PS2 ports (but Okami ^^)...
while a lot of expectation shone into our eyes when the Wiimote was announced....

I have better service on Pc with Steam or with the PS3, where at least niche games or Japan games get release more easily (Demon Souls !)

/ NintyRagequit

Apparently, Platinum Games commented on the situation on their Twitter and said this:

"Operation Rainfall is a great way to group together and identify people who you would never want running your business."

They removed the message, the original link was this: http://twitter.com/#!/PG_jp/status/86312984695148544.

No use checking it out now, since it´s gone.

JGarret said:
Apparently, Platinum Games commented on the situation on their Twitter and said this:

"Operation Rainfall is a great way to group together and identify people who you would never want running your business."

They removed the message, the original link was this: http://twitter.com/#!/PG_jp/status/86312984695148544.

Hahahaha, Jesus Christ!

I mean, it's true, but damnation!  You don't just tell a guy that.

Khuutra said:
JGarret said:

Hahahaha, Jesus Christ!

I mean, it's true, but damnation!  You don't just tell a guy that.

wait, what? Is that a dig against Op Rainfall? Whos side are they on?

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club