By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo responds to Xenoblade's localization efforts (along with Monolithsoft, Mistwalker)

Tagged games:

gumby_trucker said:
Doobie_wop said:
Mr.Y said:

One Nintendo fan is really mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

Wow, Nintendo fans turning on other Nintendo fans, what a site to behold. 

This whole thing is just boring, this has practically been Nintendo's attitude this whole generation, the difference is that their line-up for the year is much worse than their line-up of recent years and they just don't give a shit. They want the 'hardcore', they want third party support and they want more games that don't involve some form of sports or dancing to sell at least half a million units, but they aren't willing to put any effort into getting any of these things, it's the same old story, all talk and no action.

The least they could do is let a competent publisher like Atlus to take charge and just reap any benefits that come from that relationship, but they'd rather let their userbase suffer a little more until the Skyward Sword releases. Hell, the Dreamcast had a much better last year and this was all while Sega was basically on the verge of disappearing.

The way I see it they are willing, just not on Wii. They made their mind up that Wii will not be a gamer's console, and that that role will be played by Wii U.

That's the thing with Nintendo (and many Japanese companies imo) - they are very single minded. Sometimes so much that they lose touch with reality... I mean it's not like Wii U will sell as much as Wii did, not even close!

This isn't about effort, it's about commitment.  From now on, how do we know Nintendo will ever give their products the support they deserve?
Wii is not exactly a Virtual Boy, not a Gamecube either. It is in fact likely to become Nintendo's best selling product ever, besides the DS. And it has sold more software than the DS did, so in some ways it's an even bigger product for them.

The main point here is why should we, as consumers, trust a company to support its future products if it isn't willing to support its most successful one to date?

Imagine if Apple cut support to the iPhone? or if Sony cut support to the PS2 in 2005? Those would be devastating moves for any level-headed company!

Not much else I can add, I agree with pretty much everything you've said.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
demonfox13 said:
WOW this is really sad, even from a business standpoint it is very stupid. The localization wouldn't cost that much even if they wanted to take the "lazy" route and go Japanese with Eng subs. Even selling 100k + LTD it would be profitable, but I guess Ninty doesn't care about $$ unless it's shovelware or another Pokemon game. Honestly a huge dissapointment because even I would actually consider buying Xeno and LS to give to my best friend for his bday AND then borrow his Wii with both games.

Xenoblade and TLS are already being translated into English for the European release. All they have to do is to print and distribute about the amount they can expect to sell.

ctalkeb said:
demonfox13 said:
WOW this is really sad, even from a business standpoint it is very stupid. The localization wouldn't cost that much even if they wanted to take the "lazy" route and go Japanese with Eng subs. Even selling 100k + LTD it would be profitable, but I guess Ninty doesn't care about $$ unless it's shovelware or another Pokemon game. Honestly a huge dissapointment because even I would actually consider buying Xeno and LS to give to my best friend for his bday AND then borrow his Wii with both games.

Xenoblade and TLS are already being translated into English for the European release. All they have to do is to print and distribute about the amount they can expect to sell.

There is NO WAY Nintendo Of America can sell those games here using the british accent. They just can't.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Say what-ever call me a troll or a fanboy but I am done with Nintendo this time. It's a simple request to ask for 2 well received JRPGS that are ALREADY being turned into English to come over.

But nooo....instead I get Wii XX Party 69 and Mario XX7000. Don't forget about Dance off XXX BLAH BLAH! Now them are some bad ass games!

I was never a huge fan of Nintendo back in the N64 or Gamecube eras but I definitely had much more respect for them and their games. I ALWAYS bought all the consoles on the market. Well i'm sorry Nintendo but I can longer take your word. So count me out of Wii U (the dumbest name EVER). Your word made me we wait 2 days for a 3 sentence response telling me to screw myself. After having just weeks ago telling your so called great "fans" that you want to support them.

Christian973 said:
ctalkeb said:
demonfox13 said:

There is NO WAY Nintendo Of America can sell those games here using the british accent. They just can't.

Is it better to sell them with a different accent or to not sell them at all? English people are used to get NTSC translations, the opposite is acceptable too.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
Buzzi said:
Christian973 said:
ctalkeb said:
demonfox13 said:

Is it better to sell them with a different accent or to not sell them at all? English people are used to get NTSC translations, the opposite is acceptable too.

I heard it's scottish, not brittish accent :p

but seriously, since when are UK games dubed with british accents? If there is any accent it's subtle.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Christian973 said:
ctalkeb said:
demonfox13 said:

What are you smoking? Releasing them with a British accent would be a great change of pace and probably benefit the game in the end.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I'm glad I live on this side of the ocean...
NoE does what NoA doesn't.

This whole mess is a bit funny though. Years ago when Europe was screwed over and over and over by Square and other companies I never thought the day would come where Europe gets games that Ameica doesn't.

Aiddon said:
not surprising. AS much as I'd like to see The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, they wouldn't exactly sell big. And quite frankly when that would happen to a tee I can already hear the fanboy bitching and moaning wondering why these didn't sell big; probably a big chunk of it being the fact that these supporters would be nothing but talk and chicken out at the last second, leaving said games out to dry in the vain hope that someone else would pick up the slack for them

what you said here "leaving said games out to dry in the vain hope that someone else would pick up the slack for them" has me confused... are you saying that people who aren't interested in these games should buy them just to boost sales? "pick up the slack for them" because thats exactly what it sounds like

o_O.Q said:
Aiddon said:
not surprising. AS much as I'd like to see The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, they wouldn't exactly sell big. And quite frankly when that would happen to a tee I can already hear the fanboy bitching and moaning wondering why these didn't sell big; probably a big chunk of it being the fact that these supporters would be nothing but talk and chicken out at the last second, leaving said games out to dry in the vain hope that someone else would pick up the slack for them

what you said here "leaving said games out to dry in the vain hope that someone else would pick up the slack for them" has me confused... are you saying that people who aren't interested in these games should buy them just to boost sales? "pick up the slack for them" because thats exactly what it sounds like

He's saying that the people making the noise aren't actually 100% committed to buying the games, then would complain when the games failed to sell even though they didn't buy it

Quite possible, if only because i know some people are participating in Op Rainfall for only one of the three titles, or are only participating for ideological purposes (participating because on principle Nintendo should be releasing these games, and not because they themselves care about them). I know i'm only in this for The Last Story, so the comments i've pitched on Nintendo's facebook about Xenoblade are merely hot air and in no way indicative of a sale

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.