By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo responds to Xenoblade's localization efforts (along with Monolithsoft, Mistwalker)

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:

I'll keep playing and you won't, I suppose.

That may happen. Then again, I've come along all the way, so I may continue anyway.

You are right. You survived the N64 and you survived the Gamecube. If your doom and gloom bear gloomy, doomy fruit then you will, ultimately, still play plenty of games you enjoy, even if you lament the lack of 2D Mario.

Around the Network

Yeah, Miyamot0 was me @ trolling and waiting for Khuutra bash

But I'm rightly pissed at Reggie, dunno if Iwata is involved, they pissed me at their awful Q2 line-up, but me ok, they'll fill it with Japan Games.
Now this... I'm too freaking mad.

lol

Malstrom's advice to us:

Email: Operation Rainfall: What should Nintendo fans do?

Hi Malstrom! Since you understand very well how Nintendo directors thinks, would you like to give an advise for all those Nintendo fans out there trying to make the company localize Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora’s Tower?

What they shouldn’t do is make a blog. I tried that. It doesn’t work.

This one finally broke my back. NOA seems to be doing all in its power to piss me off with these lack of localizations. First no Zangeki, then Fatal Frame 4, then Tales of Graces, then Last Story and Xenoblade. I'm sorry, but if freakin FRAGILE and SIN AND PUNISHMENT 2 can come out in America, there is NO reason whatsoever that Xenoblade shouldn't be.

morenoingrato said:
Lately, I've been loosing a lot of faith in my favorite Nintendo icons.

Reggie, who seems more in his comfort zone and less caring about games.

Iwata who only cares about himself.

And Miyamoto, who has been making some pretty questionable design choices and needs some rest now.

I agree with Reggie and Miyamoto, but how does Iwata only care about himself. 

Around the Network

I think the blame should be on Reggie. He's the one running NoA. He decides what's to bring over.

Galaki said:
I think the blame should be on Reggie. He's the one running NoA. He decides what's to bring over.

I agree, we have to have find a way to blackmail him until we get all the games we want...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Ignoring the Malstromisms and BAAAWWWing, I still think this is a pretty bad move by NoA for the following reasons:

1: Just a few weeks ago, they announce a console that is supposed to be for everyone: Nintendo will now care about third parties and care about its "gamer" audience (which, I might add, is a pretty large part of the Wii's audience anyway). In light of this, not printing up the perhaps 150~200K copies they could effortlessly sell of (at least two of) the most awaited games released in the past year-and-a-half or so is a pretty bad signal of intent, not only to the people actually waiting to buy these games, but to the people who are suspicious about Nintendo's attitudes towards what they want their console to be.

2: Reason number one also shows another thing: that Nintendo is still very, very bad at, or at least disinterested in, communicating. I do not think that is an advantage in the long run.

manuel said:

The question for me is, how in the world could they believe that Xenoblade and The Last Story wouldn't sell well enough?

I'm sure they'd sell more than enough to see a healthy profit. (Especially if they just left the Japanese voices and used subtitles.)

Compare  localization effort of Last Story or Xenoblade which are rpg with tons of dialogue lines to Mario game or Wii something. Then compare sales expectations for those two.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

*sigh*
Oh Nintendo. You make no freaking sense.

Oh well, I will be getting a PAL Wii anyway... so these games, I will get.