By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Americas BOX OFFICE UP (Week Ending June 16, 2011) -- Super 8 On Top As The X-MEN DREAM CRUMBLES!!

hmm super 8 did well im still on the fence about watching though.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Super 8 already broke even in its first week, impressive

If you take in consideration the money spent on advertising,and the budget,you get around 100M.

And not all the money go to the studio.

Mordred11 said:
Seece said:

If you take in consideration the money spent on advertising,and the budget,you get around 100M.

DOUBLE the production budget for marketing?!?!?!111

If that is true then by the end of the run it may make profit through Americas Alone which is great cus if Overseas is great then a sequel could be on the cards.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Mordred11 said:
Seece said:

If that is true then by the end of the run it may make profit through Americas Alone which is great cus if Overseas is great then a sequel could be on the cards.

Well it doesn't have THAT big of a production budget now,does it..?

WB spent around 300M$ for Green Lantern's production + advertising.

Mordred11 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Mordred11 said:
Seece said:

True true $50 Million is nothing nowadays.

Green Lantern may be lucky to break even then, including worldwide if it suffers a large drop in Americas in week 2.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
As a fan of the X-Men comics I liked the storyline of First Class better than all the others. Super 8 was a great movie though and deserves it's success.

I agree about First Class - when I first heard they were rebooting x-men with a new cast, I was skeptical - but First Class exceeded expectations by a fair bit. I'm glad the international market is making it a big hit.

darthdevidem01 said:
Mordred11 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Mordred11 said:
Seece said:

True true $50 Million is nothing nowadays.

Green Lantern may be lucky to break even then, including worldwide if it suffers a large drop in Americas in week 2.

GL won't break even,not with Transformers 3 coming.

darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:

So Green Lantern will be in next week's charts?

The movie was so much better than I expected it to be. I loved Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern, and I never expected he'd be able to pull it off.

And I really need to get around to seeing On Stranger Tides.  I love Pirates of the Caribbean, but my friends went and saw it yes without me, and I haven't found anybody else willing to go yet.

Yes and I am able to reveal now that it has had a $50 Million weekend.

Are you in the movie industry? 0_o

Jereel Hunter said:
Goddbless said:
As a fan of the X-Men comics I liked the storyline of First Class better than all the others. Super 8 was a great movie though and deserves it's success.

I agree about First Class - when I first heard they were rebooting x-men with a new cast, I was skeptical - but First Class exceeded expectations by a fair bit. I'm glad the international market is making it a big hit.

I was skeptical too but I'm still skeptical as to where they go now. I mean do they continue immediately from First Class or do they jump ahead in time when the X-Men are more established?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

darthdevidem01 said:
AdventWolf said:

I'm a big fan of the X-Men but I haven't seen the movie yet. Super 8 was pretty good but it wasn't all too special.

Why haven't you seen the movie yet? Do you plan to?

I plan on seeing it sometime but I just have to find time lol. Maybe this weekend or the next.