By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Ocarina of Time a 9.5 out of 10. Yet Star Fox gets an extra 0.3 added to its score?

Tagged games:

Personally I completely agree with the score. It's a remake of a 13 year old game, but a beautiful one and not a straight port of the N64 original.

Around the Network

Damned if you don't. Damned if you do.

9.5 is a fair score IMO. Concerning the graphics, they aren't as bad as some people like to make out. They are by no means in the top tier compared to certain 3DS games released and upcoming, but they are very good nonetheless.

Maybe they took in to account that most people already have it sitting on their shelves

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Conegamer said:
dany612 said:
ugh lets go kill IGN lol jk

It's better than the score given by 1up. They must be in a flaming mood

Also, 9.5 is right. Because it isn't new

No no it's not Conegamer. This is OOT we are talking about, no new generation can tarnish it's masterfulness, it's perfect! Therefore, someone call me, I'll be the hitman to end ign.

Around the Network

I was honestly expecting something in the 8s, I even thought they might go full tard and 7.9 it...

This score is reasonable.

IGN sux.

The score is fair, the justifications for not being a 10 could've been different.....

TheGameFather said:

I was honestly expecting something in the 8s, I even thought they might go full tard and 7.9 it...

This score is reasonable.

IGN cannot score 7.9 anymore, though. There has to be 0.5 between each score (e.g. 8.0, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10). Just like GameSpot.

It looks likely to be game of the year, however there are still potential games that could pip it to the post.

10 back then...
9.5 now...

Standards change. While it may have been groundbreaking upon release, right now... It's fueled by nostalgia.