By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Ocarina of Time a 9.5 out of 10. Yet Star Fox gets an extra 0.3 added to its score?

Tagged games:

9.5 is fair enough

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

lol i was surprised that i had posted in this thread :P thought it was a new one before i looked at the date haha

i think it was reviewed by another person so different opinions. maybe if the same person reviewed OoT it would have gotten a 10 again. (i might be wrong about it not being a different person though)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

spurgeonryan said:
Nope Richard George and audrey Drake.

then i was right :)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Boutros said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
It looks likely to be game of the year, however there are still potential games that could pip it to the post.

Something would be dreadfully wrong with the industry if a re-release/remake wins GOTY.

QFT

Nintendo Power gave Star Fox 64 3D a 8.

I was very surprised by that.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
J-Baum said:
I was just like to say that Star Wars DID re-release with new scenes and people DID hate it for that....with that said, I believe it should have gotten a 10. If they reviewed the original one today, it probably wouldn't get a 10. But with the updated version, it has the best graphics on 3DS so far, and improved gameplay/controls (water temple and iron boots), so it really should have gotten a 10.

So the blue ray edition of star wars came out today then?

I actually meant every previous re-release (special edition, silver DVD,etc), but the Star Wars blu-ray takes the cake for most offensive....

Systems I Own: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Genesis/Sega CD, Atari 2600, Atari Jaguar, Game Boy, GB Advance, Game Gear, Intellivision, PC, Xbox, Sega Saturn, Virtual Boy

Well remakes can be better than originals, other way around too.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

reviews are almost nothing, just a single person's opinion

at least we must be happy they both got above 9.0

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I would give ALL remakes a 0 score. Why? Because I'd have to dock 10 points for unoriginality. Seriously people. I'm 32 years old. Every "remake" out there is a game that I have already experienced and played. What's the point? I own them already. Not only that but I own them in the ORIGINAL form...meaning, you know...superior? Ocarina Of Time is a LEGENDARY game but it's not nearly as cool playing it on a tiny little screen as it is playing the real thing, on an N64 cart, in an N64 console that's plugged into your old 32 inch SDTV...rumble pack and all. It's just not.

So for me? Stop wasting time putting out the same games. If you would have told me 10 or 20 years ago that in the future we'd all be playing the same games? I would have laughed in horror. It's just sad. Make something new.