By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD - Wii 236k, 3DS 97k, X360 270k, PS3 177k, L.A. Noire 899k

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
How many weeks of price cut had Wii in May???

2 weeks

So 230k is bad .

Around the Network

Wii numbers were likely identical in late April / early May, so you can conclude ~80k in two weeks (week before the cut was like 35k or something as it was known by then) and then ~156k in two weeks. June is a five week month, Wii should be back around 350k minimally (or more if the spike our numbers show holds up, particuarly with Wii Play: Motion).

3DS figures are trending between DS / PSP launch now...the 16m projection for the fiscal year looks unrealistic in much the same way that Sony's 14m projection in the March 2008 year ended up being 9.2m. I really expect Wii to be Nintendo's biggest sw / hw market for the fiscal year

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I want to see how the 3DS does following the release of Zelda and Resident Evil to see if the core problem is lack of software ...

the 3ds will be just fine, the software is coming and real soon , i have complete faith in nintendo's handheld. after all nintendo knows how to handle the handheld market better than anybody. when all the software starts hitting this month and through the rest of the year, the 3ds sales will skyrocket and not look back. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Vgchartz looks pretty spot on for the 360 and PS3

Around the Network

Pretty weak 3DS sales. Zelda, Mario 3DS, and Mario Kart will certainly help. Just Dance 2 is unstoppable. Ubi's gotta be thrilled they stumbled upon that gem.  Decent Wii sales considering the lack of new titles.

Agonizingly horrifyingly bad 3DS numbers.

Better than expected Wii sales!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
the 3ds will be just fine, the software is coming and real soon , i have complete faith in nintendo's handheld. after all nintendo knows how to handle the handheld market better than anybody. when all the software starts hitting this month and through the rest of the year, the 3ds sales will skyrocket and not look back. :)

Yeah and everyone was sure PS3 will stomp the opposition into ground 5 years ago ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Wow excellent Wii numbers! But horrific 3DS...pathetic actually... you have to wonder how low it can go till the holidays..

Wii's doing fine actually, and 3DS will sell start selling millions soon enough...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^