By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD - Wii 236k, 3DS 97k, X360 270k, PS3 177k, L.A. Noire 899k

have to say very impressed with vgchartz numbers so far well done guys.
360 really has done a great job this gen well done ms 2.

Around the Network

vgchartz is getting closer to NPD numbers.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Seece said:
If Wii has done less than 181k, PS3 overtakes the Wii for 2nd place sales so far for 2011 in U.S

I thought PS3 did that last Month? PS3 was like... 2k ahead I think.

Seece said:
If Wii has done less than 181k, PS3 overtakes the Wii for 2nd place sales so far for 2011 in U.S

That would be extremely bad for Wii. O_O

Carl2291 said:
Seece said:

I thought PS3 did that last Month? PS3 was like... 2k ahead I think.

Yeah but it's more impressive when it's post Wii price cut! But yes you're right.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
The silence is deafening...

Nintendo is usually pretty forthcoming with their numbers, even when they're not so great. Just a matter of time probably.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Ohhhhhh 360, PS3 and L.A. Noire numbers already out... nice.

Waiting Nintendo and more software data.

The Kinect effect?

"2011 continues to be the year of Xbox 360, selling more consoles than any other platform 11 of the past 12 months in the United States."

HAHAHAAHAHAHHA Year of Xbox 360... on US.

I don't think we're getting anything else - by NPD's wording all we know is Wii is over 75,000 ("almost 36m - closer to 36m than 35m) and below 270,000 (X360). My guess is 3DS is super low going by her language, maybe 100k - 150k, and Wii is probably about half way between X360 & PS3 like in our data.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu