By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Viper1 said:
disolitude said:
thetonestarr said:
In other news, I'm not sure why everybody keeps expecting it to be an ATI R700-based chip. R700 is years old. Four generations old, at that. ATI has released R800 and Northern Islands since then, and will be releasing Southern Islands for consumer usage well before WiiU releases.

I don't see Nintendo going with the absolute top-of-the-line, but I also don't see them building it out of something that old. I'm expecting a very new variant off of R800, or else something in the Northern Islands family.

R700 is in Nintendo spec doc for the WiiU...

I'm looking at my press materials and I don't see this anywhere.  Also checking the AMD press release fails to mention which generation of GPU's they will use.  In fact, the only place I can find that states it will be R700 is from the early faked 'internal use only' documents.

well someone reported it as Time is runnin with it...

http://techland.time.com/2011/06/09/wii-u-specs-disclosed-including-25gb-optical-discs/

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
disolitude said:
thetonestarr said:
In other news, I'm not sure why everybody keeps expecting it to be an ATI R700-based chip. R700 is years old. Four generations old, at that. ATI has released R800 and Northern Islands since then, and will be releasing Southern Islands for consumer usage well before WiiU releases.

I don't see Nintendo going with the absolute top-of-the-line, but I also don't see them building it out of something that old. I'm expecting a very new variant off of R800, or else something in the Northern Islands family.

I'm looking at my press materials and I don't see this anywhere.  Also checking the AMD press release fails to mention which generation of GPU's they will use.  In fact, the only place I can find that states it will be R700 is from the early faked 'internal use only' documents.

It's on the interwebz, so, it must be true :)

disolitude said:
Viper1 said:
disolitude said:
thetonestarr said:

http://techland.time.com/2011/06/09/wii-u-specs-disclosed-including-25gb-optical-discs/

As a member of the video game media, I have learned one cosntant regarding outside press....it sucks.   Notice that Time sourced everything they reported, like a good boy this time, except for the AMD part.   You'd think that breaking news like that would have a source or even be an article unto itself.

My understanding according those I've tlaked to say the GPU hasn't been announced because the final GPU that will be used has not yet been determined.   Though I would not be surprised if the dev kits are using R700 series chips as a placeholder.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

snakenobi said:
TomaTito said:

There are a few people who still think it's Wii all over again. So a shinny logo like that might help them see the difference.

they thinkg its wii all over again CAUSE wii u is still boasting of doing what this gen was done by hd console not what will be done by PS4 and 720 with a gimmick controller

You can only compare to a tangible product, not a fictitious one.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
mai said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
wait for a real game footage and not some tech demos(yes i am talking for zelda) to see at what level really are that graphics of this console

Funny, that despite all effort by Nintendo, people still seems to be too dismisive of the fact that Zelda tech demo was rendered in real time on actual hardware. And given the previous Zelda tech demos, which were easily surpassed by the real games, how exactly the shown demo isn't representive of real graphics level of the console? It's not like Sony's E3 2005 filled with prerecorded footage, notably Motorstorm and Killzone 2, none of which came close to shown videos.

IT WAS A TECH DEMO that you could change the camera a simple video and the quality was not even equal to current 's gen 360 and ps3

furthermore NOT A SINGLE GAME WAS SHOWN being played Real time on wii u i just some wii-like prototypes(wii-sports like) so those guys are just saying and they don 't really showning what it truly looks like

Look, If the next Nintendo system does not produce more powerful graphics than the current gen systems, it'll be a waste of time. If you are trying to believe that it doesn't produce better graphics than the already inferior ps3 and 360, you are day dreaming.

You are right, NOT A SINGLE GAME WAS SHOWN, what the fuck are u basing your argument off of? Bullshit maybe? Smells like it. Stay out of these topics if you want to start a baseless garbage arguement please and thank you.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Viper1 said:
disolitude said:
thetonestarr said:

There have been zero official statements about the kind of graphical processor the WiiU uses, outside of that it's made by ATI. Everything else is hearsay, and if it has any facts behind it, it's based on early dev kits, which hardly ever have the exact tech specs of the released system.

SW-5120-1900-6153

o_O.Q said:
kcoward said:
o_O.Q said:
HappySqurriel said:
When you look at what other R700 based GPUs can do, and then factor in some improvement due to modifications and developers optimizing for the particular GPU in the Wii U, I would not be surprised to find out that the Wii U could play current HD console games at 1080p with a frame-rate of 120fps with the higher detail models and textures from the PC version.

To put it another way, while the Wii U will (probably) not be state of the art technology by the time it is released the hardware in it will probably be about 5 years newer than the HD consoles. With how much further ahead the technology is, it shouldn't be difficult to support a higher resolution, better frame-rate and more detailed graphics.

"When you look at what other R700 based GPUs can do"

when was it confirmed that it has an R700?

AMD and Iwata confirmed themselves. Google is not that hard to use.....

this is what i found :

"The technical data on the console has been leaked however, although no confirmation has obviously came from Nintendo themselves"

it was also leaked that rockstar were working on an exclusive title for wii u which would be seen at E3... if you truly believe that these leaks are a viable source of info then you're obviously very naive... at this point in time if you cannot show me a quotation where a nintendo rep has confirmed that their system uses an R700 then your claims are unfounded

I dont think anyone can help you. You mind had clearly strayed from reality.

o_O.Q said:
kcoward said:
o_O.Q said:
Roma said:
It does not matter what you show or tell people they will not believe it even if they see it :P
You tell them this is an apple and they say no this is an orange so I say whatever I don’t care believe what you want.

The garden demo we saw beats everything that is on the HD consoles and the thing is we have only seen it through cam! imagine how good it would look if we got an official release to look at.

"The garden demo we saw beats everything that is on the HD consoles"

im not trying to bash or anything here but i honestly don't see what you're talking about this is the tech demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSRE_se1t9A

for comparison heres a video of infamous 2 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQ4X9tgnkI

how was the tech demo any better?

Infamous 2 looks cartoonish compared to that bird on the tree. You really want to start an argument you know you already lost?

and thats your opinion as its mine that as someone whos played hd console games the demo wasn't special and games like infamous 2 imo are comparable or even better than what was shown

What i have seen on the Infamous 2 demo looks nothing as real as that bird on the tree. Does not look as shiny or realistic and you can deny it all you want but the vids are there for everyone to see. Denying it is not going to change the reality of the situation :)

a comment on how powerful the system might be:

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wii-u-is-actually-50-more-powerful-than-ps3---report/

That would definitely be most impressive

I do not care. I prefer to play some SNES games with 16 bit grapics but are like 82 times better than some today day's games.

Above: still the best game of the year.