By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
HappySqurriel said:
I think the focus on the manufacturing process of the CPU is (kind of) pointless ...

Most games are not (really) CPU limited at this point in time, and if IBM/Nintendo believe they can get the performance out of the CPU they want with energy consumption/heat they think is adequate and a yield/cost to manufacture that is reasonable they might not see the need to move from 45nm to 32nm.

This (of course) doesn't imply anything about what Nintendo and AMD/ATI will do with the GPU though ...

Well, I simply used it as an indication, not a "Nintendo chose a 45nm CPU therefore they wil choose 40nm GPU" rule. I certainly hope they use a 32nm or 28nm process for the GPU. The more GPU grunt the Wii U can have, the better.

" they might not see the need to move from 45nm to 32nm."

Don't tell that to Viper1, he believes:

"every single chip maker/designer in the world wants their chips on the smallest process possible.   That's not up for debate. "

Which is basically the whole reason for the last page as the only logical conclusion from that belief and the knowledge that Nintendo did not use a 32nm process is that such a process was not available to them.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Around the Network

Toronto Thumbs: In terms of power, where does the Wii U stand relative to the Wii? PS3? XBox 360?

Matt Ryan: We are not focused on the tech specs (ever); however Wii U will be a stronger system than Wii and will be able to do much more than we have ever done, and it will be HD. We will leave the rest of the details about Wii U until next year but know that our focus is on the experience you get playing our system, not the technical details that get us there.

Source

It's confirmed stronger than the Wii!!! ...

On a serious note, we'll continue discussing the details later next year, and see if Reggie's promise of 1080p comes through. 

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

The IBM Sequoia supercomputer scheduled to be delivered in 2012 which will be at least twice as fast as the current fastest supercomputer (K computer in Japan) will run on Power Architecture processors built on a 45 nm fabrication process.
The complete system will draw about 6 MW of power. If a 32nm process were available, believe me, they would be using it.

Formerly known as LuStaysTru but that was back when I still knew my password.

its deffo going to have higher specs than ps360

but

the core games will be the same as on ps360 with better visuals, i still dont see core gamers rushing out to buy a wiiU

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

LuisPacheco said:
The IBM Sequoia supercomputer scheduled to be delivered in 2012 which will be at least twice as fast as the current fastest supercomputer (K computer in Japan) will run on Power Architecture processors built on a 45 nm fabrication process.
The complete system will draw about 6 MW of power. If a 32nm process were available, believe me, they would be using it.

There is, but seems likely the 32nm process isn't that reliable. Maybe like what Nvidia faced at 40nm... and troubles like these are bound to happen more and more in the future.

Around the Network
Cthulhu said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
To the OP:

Why bother writing anything about this. There are countless trolls that look for anything Nintendo related, and go in for the attack to try and bury their jealousy. It happens ALL THE TIME. They just can't believe that Nintendo can release a more powerful console, it goes against everything they value. It's always "not powerful enough" or "dooomzed" or some stupid sort of pathetic denial. All you have to do is read the posts.....always negative, always not believing, always FAIL !

All i know is when Wii U gets released i will be playing Super Mario HD and lovin' it.

No, you dont know what fail means, but your post is full of it.

Um......ok Sony Boy ! LOLZ

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Wii U is gonna be awesome.
I want it NOW!

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Why does Reggie always give off the vibe he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about when it comes to this topic ...