By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted: Golden Abyss on VITA looks better than most PS3/360 games

Looks phenomenal.

It's a simple equation really: GA = DF => GA > most HD games.

You guys that are getting so upset that a $250 Sony handheld is comparable in power to your home console should maybe realize you are embarressing yourselves somewhat by your denial.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nsanity said:

I'm not saying its bad looking but OP acting like its better looking than most PS3/360  games including Drakes Fortune is down right laughable.

I think the fact that you think most ps360 games are up to Uncharted games level is laughable. there are a LOT of games for the HD's ya know?

You may try a different bait because this fish aint biting.

bait? :S ok man w/e you say ...

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Dr.Grass said:
Looks phenomenal.

It's a simple equation really: GA = DF => GA > most HD games.

You guys that are getting so upset that a $250 Sony handheld is comparable in power to your home console should maybe realize you are embarressing yourselves somewhat by your denial.

I dont think anyone is pissed in this thread.

Just seen these posted on Gaf.

Nsanity said:

Was going to post these when I saw the title of this thread but then I saw it was bumped because you posted them, lol.

Apparently, Uncharted: Golden Abyss is sub 544p and the Vita doesn't take lossless screenshots, they have a lot of compression artifacts, making things even worse than they actually are.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

Hey you darn necrobumpers! lol, really those new screens look astonishing!

Although I think Vita is technically a brilliant handheld. Sony themselves said the followng:

" PS Vita can do about 5x the ploygons of PSP. And instead of around 10mb for textures ( PSP ) the Vita can cope with 100mb."

When asked if the Vita and PS3 were comparable. Sonys reply was "Not really, PS3 has so much more processing power"

All Golden Abyss is very clever smoke and mirrors. I personally can see the low poly moddels and rough edge. Look at the cliff edge on the pic for VIta inside the cave bit. The cliff edge wall meets the floor with a complete straight edge.

Clever tricks. But not anywhere near PS3 version IMO.

Nsanity said:

this.

GA is alot less detailed and as blurred muddy texturs caompard to PS3 version .

Not comparable in the slightest.

Still impressive for a hadheld though. Most powerful HH ever released for certain.

golden abyss looks very good, but i would say it looks better than 30% of the ps3/360 games, but not any higher than that. ppl need too stop comparing this game to the consoles because it doesnt mean shit, just enjoy the game when its playable outside japan and what other games u buy for the platform. i know i will, psvita will beable to make some great looking games from now till its successor is released down the road ( after all its a ps3 more or less ).

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Obviously the PSVITA is not as powerful as the PS3. But if you take all the power of the VITA and make graphics for a small screen, it can look quite outstanding. For me GA looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than DF