By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted: Golden Abyss on VITA looks better than most PS3/360 games

masschamber said:
Player1x3 said:
Scoobes said:

GA looks brilliant for a handheld game but comparing to Uncharted 1 and the vast majority of HD console games?! It's a bit silly really. Look at the screenshots again. There's a lot going on and an impressive amount of detail but the effects, texture res, lighting and aliasing problems are all present. Technically, it's just not as advanced and is probably more of a midway point between console generations (kind of like a PS 2.5, although with the shader effects more like PS 2.7).

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors to make the game look great, but to be honest, that's the sign of a good console dev.

well, it certainly looks better than ALL PS360 launch games, that's for sure

no it doesn't, it looks better than the haphazard ps2/xbox ports like gun or king kong but against something like resistance, amped or project gotham racer
it looks significantly less technically impressive

GA DESTROYS resistance FOM. that game looks so ugly and dull

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
masschamber said:
Player1x3 said:
Scoobes said:

GA looks brilliant for a handheld game but comparing to Uncharted 1 and the vast majority of HD console games?! It's a bit silly really. Look at the screenshots again. There's a lot going on and an impressive amount of detail but the effects, texture res, lighting and aliasing problems are all present. Technically, it's just not as advanced and is probably more of a midway point between console generations (kind of like a PS 2.5, although with the shader effects more like PS 2.7).

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors to make the game look great, but to be honest, that's the sign of a good console dev.

no it doesn't, it looks better than the haphazard ps2/xbox ports like gun or king kong but against something like resistance, amped or project gotham racer

resistance certainly is renderring more impressive everything (textures, geometry, logic, shaders, lighting, resolution etc), unfortunately since you did use the term looks better it is subjective and I responded with similarly subjective terms you are entitled to your opinon as much as someone saying crash bandicoot or NiGHTS looks better than all hd twin launch games due to aesthetics, but interms of technical achievement Uncharted GA falls far short of a game like resistance,

also, regardless of anything else underlining things does make your opinion more valid as empirical evidence

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masschamber said:
Player1x3 said:
masschamber said:
Player1x3 said:
Scoobes said:

resistance certainly is renderring more impressive everything (textures, geometry, logic, shaders, lighting, resolution etc), unfortunately since you did use the term looks better it is subjective and I responded with similarly subjective terms you are entitled to your opinon as much as someone saying crash bandicoot or NiGHTS looks better than all hd twin launch games due to aesthetics, but interms of technical achievement Uncharted GA falls far short of a game like resistance,

also, regardless of anything else underlining things does make your opinion more valid as empirical evidence

vs

gimme a fucking break

Player1x3 said:
masschamber said:
Player1x3 said:
masschamber said:
Player1x3 said:
Scoobes said:

vs

gimme a fucking break

yep you certainly went ahead and proved my point for me, the average enemy in resistance appears to be made of more polygons than drake, yet  are numerous, the textures are of much more varied and save for the ground higher resolution, more is going on, better lighting and the environments are hugely more detailed and much more open and runs at several times the resolution, uncharted has colors and is might be more pleasant to look at, but that is a subjective matter

uncharted is a technically impressive game for what it is, but it can't stack up to the technical aspects of resistance,

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!