By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita will be region free!

SpartenOmega117 said:
Basically sony has done everything right so far. now the only thing that might kill this is $100 for an 8gb memory stick

If they did that, it would kill Vita for me. I plan to buy everything through digital download because so much more convenient to play what you want when you want. And I already have 8GB worth of PSone classics, Minis, and PsP games.... so that would just be lame.... I want at least 25GB but that might cost me a lot of money...

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Around the Network

Awesome news. I always thought Region locking was just a scheme that attacked honest consumers.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

All this is pointing to one fact.

3DS will need to be dropped substantially in price when Vita comes to the market.

That or have a good amount of exclusives.

Kantor said:
Now to see if it's worth importing.

Is delivery from the USA to the UK less than $120? >_>

I was thinking the same, especially with reports that it might come later to Europe than America

PS3 and P were region free, did anyone think that it would be different with VIta?? Only Ninty's weird ass decided to go back to region locking

Around the Network

I could have sworn they said PSP was region free...

That said, it's good to know sony learned from their mistakes this generation, and that's coming from a very supportive consumer of sony products. "I don't ask that you don't make mistakes, but I do ask that you learn from them."

Good job guys, for reals.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
I could have sworn they said PSP was region free...

That said, it's good to know sony learned from their mistakes this generation, and that's coming from a very supportive consumer of sony products. "I don't ask that you don't make mistakes, but I do ask that you learn from them."

Good job guys, for reals.

PSP is region free.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Mr.Ashtear said:
Im a huge Ninty fanboy, but in all fairness, Vita deserves to be the winner of the next console war. Sony, with Vita, is doing all the things that the consumers wants, unlike Nintendo.

nice to hear that...lets see how Vita will do next year...maybe its a head to head battle a la PS3 vs 360 ^^

iBlah said:
confirmed buy from me. hopefully they'll make an Uncharted bundle.

If they do that, I'm pre-ordering off the bat, forget my usual "wait 2 yrs" rule on buying consoles.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?