By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita will be region free!

Dgc1808 said:
Acevil said:
Dgc1808 said:
Now we just need confirmation on to things for the device to be a total win.

Price on Storage Solutions
Price on Games (There's a thread right now stating 40$[same as PSP and 3DS], I'm just waiting for that to be official.)

If it is SD cards and Games are $40, it would be a full house for sony. 

We can dream, right?
I doubt it'll be SD card but who knows.

I thought someone was saying it had 2 slots.  One for the games and one that was an SD slot.  Maybe it was just a rumor.  But even if they do go with MemoryStick again, it shouldn't be too big of a deal.  I mean the prices for those have dropped quite a bit.  Still about a $5-$10 difference between them and SD, but overall, not too bad.  Of course, it depends on which brand you go with, as well.

Around the Network

Man this just gets more awesome.

SpartenOmega117 said:
Basically sony has done everything right so far. now the only thing that might kill this is $100 for an 8gb memory stick

u can get a 32gb memory stick for $100

This is 100% good news, can't believe somebody was so bitter about them...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

snakenobi said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Basically sony has done everything right so far. now the only thing that might kill this is $100 for an 8gb memory stick

u can get a 32gb memory stick for $100

You can get a 32GB DS card for 50$.

I really hope the Vita will use SD cards.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

PS3 is already region-free

Initiating social expirement #928719281

i might actually import the PS Vita from Japan if it doesn't release in the west this year.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Cross-X said:

OMFG YESSSS!!!!!

I was prepared not to buy Vita games from Australia when I return for Holidays since I'll be gett my Vita in America and will be there for most of the time per year but this is just great news. No I can buy from Australia when new games release.

Another good decision after another.

I'm very impressed Sony!

Vita will be released during holydays only in Japan.

I wonder when they'll announce the release date. Is there any big gaming conference in the coming months?

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Onibaka said:
Cross-X said:

OMFG YESSSS!!!!!

I was prepared not to buy Vita games from Australia when I return for Holidays since I'll be gett my Vita in America and will be there for most of the time per year but this is just great news. No I can buy from Australia when new games release.

Another good decision after another.

I'm very impressed Sony!

Vita will be released during holydays only in Japan.

Bizarre strategy, unless Sony wants Xmas to boost PSP one last time in the West and also to push PS3 more to better gather what it sowed with all the recent game releases and all the ones still to be released in 2011.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!