By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Chark said:
Runa216 said:
ils411 said:
I just loaded $20 on my PSN. Which would you guys recommend, sound shapes or plants vs zombies? I know that I like plants vs zombies but sound shapes is something new. Or maybe I should wait for fw 1.80 and bet 2 or so psone classic games?

hmmmm... so many choices and yet the PS Vita has no gaemz!

Get Sound Shapes, seriously.  The world is atwitter about the quality of THAT game, not to mention you get two for the price of one (PS3 and PSV, buy one, get the other) 

As for you people with your 4 and 8 gig memory cards...what's up with that?  for a system that seems to be edging the world more towards digital distribution, Anything below 16 gig seems like a waste of time.  EVERY system should come free with an 8 gig at the least, the 4 gig should be phased out entirely, and bundles should come with 16 or 32 gigs.  

Then again, the 3DS comes with a 2 gig, which is pretty insignificant...but that system isn't relying on digital to bolster sales.  

I have a 32 gig card in my vita, I have like 20 games downloaded between PSN, PSVita, PSMinis, and PSP games, and I still have 23 gigs left.  Once the Final Fantasy games (V-IX) are available for it, I don't think I'll ever need my PSP again, which is why I think I'm gonna leave my PS1 games on the PSP.  I love that system and don't want to abandon it!  

I got the bundle at launch that had the 8 gb and I've been fine shuffling out games and using physical cartridges. I use it to listen to podcasts as well, though I am tempting to toss some music on there too. I will upgrade to a 32gb when I find the money and the right deal. I understand people like ils411 can't be downloading whenever but I think just finish game A, delete it, so you can get game B is the best route. I've 100% games like Super Stardust Delta, Motorstorm RC, and Sumioni Demon Arts and I will delete them as soon as I need room for the next thing. I haven't been so lucky to have a loose budget to buy too many games for the system so I guess me not having that problem isn't the greatest blessing. If you are a strictly physical medium gamer 4gb is just fine, 8gb if you like music too, 16gb or 32gb if you plan on digital downloads and everything else. I agree the 4gb should be in box since its the card for those who are buying physical. It would have saved Sony a lot of flak even with the high memory card price who would complain that much with 4gb in box?

I was going to say something like that myself, but then I remembered that the vita has a heavy emphasis on PSN downloads as well.  Some of the best games for the system thus far have been downloads only, such as super Stardust Delta and Tales from Space: Mutant blobs attack.  even just using a memory card to save games and getting those titles, a 4 gig card fills very quickly.  

I plan on deleting games when I'm done with them, too.  I figure once I get to 10-15 gigs left, I'll do  a purge.  with 23 gigs left on my stick (which is in actuality only 29 gigs), I've only used 6 gigs.  I have a long way to go before that baby's filled. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I think the bare minimum would be 8Gb if one plans to go full retail. 4Gb fills really fast. I got my vita with a 4Gb card and Uncharted. After downloading every free app and game (I managed to score Motorstorm RC for free! ), I was left with less than 500mb. Now if you plan to use that remaining 500mb for saves then that would work, but lets face it, we're bound to slap some music and a couple of videos/movies on our vita every now and then and having decent amount of space for them would be nice.

Anyway, one reason why the Vita's memory card are a bit pricy is because the volume produced by sony pales in comparison to the volume of micro sd cards produced. So less volume = more expensive as compared to massive volume = cheaper due to the fix manufacturing and production cost being distributed to more units.

But probably, the most obvious reason is that Sony is using the memory cards to earn a little extra cash.

A part of me is hoping that a 64GB is announced for like 120$ or less... but i'm probably gonna end up being the 32Gb before that happens...

4 ≈ One

Damn, Play-asia stopped taking preorders for Project Diva F.

If it was up to me I would have solved the lack of backwards compatibility by permanently discounting all PSP games bought on a Vita by 50% for plus members. One, it would appease those looking for a one console solution to play their old games without a crazy cost. Two, it would encourage PSP owners to purchase a Vita to access cheaper store prices. Three, it would bolster PS plus subscribers.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
ils411 said:
I just loaded $20 on my PSN. Which would you guys recommend, sound shapes or plants vs zombies? I know that I like plants vs zombies but sound shapes is something new. Or maybe I should wait for fw 1.80 and bet 2 or so psone classic games?

Get Sound Shapes, seriously.  The world is atwitter about the quality of THAT game, not to mention you get two for the price of one (PS3 and PSV, buy one, get the other) 

As for you people with your 4 and 8 gig memory cards...what's up with that?  for a system that seems to be edging the world more towards digital distribution, Anything below 16 gig seems like a waste of time.  EVERY system should come free with an 8 gig at the least, the 4 gig should be phased out entirely, and bundles should come with 16 or 32 gigs.  

Then again, the 3DS comes with a 2 gig, which is pretty insignificant...but that system isn't relying on digital to bolster sales.  

I have a 32 gig card in my vita, I have like 20 games downloaded between PSN, PSVita, PSMinis, and PSP games, and I still have 23 gigs left.  Once the Final Fantasy games (V-IX) are available for it, I don't think I'll ever need my PSP again, which is why I think I'm gonna leave my PS1 games on the PSP.  I love that system and don't want to abandon it!  

Why sound shape haz no demo?! ARRRR! I decided to download some videos first (yeah, I cant stream shit so i have to download em first so i can watch em). I'll base my decision on how the gameplay looks. Hopefully its something i'll like coz God knows I dont have to finish Plants VS Zombies for the nth time lol! But its a sloooooow summer right now and any good game will do.

I'd download metal gear 2 or 3 if i thought I'd play through them :-p But seeing as I've yet to really play Unchartred which i've had since I got my vita, i doubt it if i'll play it I dunno, for some strange reason, i'm not compeled to play it. Must be coz Drake is a dood! I only like playing as doods when they look badass (like Dante before he went emo). If the dood doesn't look bad ass I usually chose the female character if there is on.

As for memory cards, I take it you dont have any retail games on your memory card? I've got 18Gb left on mine and I have Hot shots golf and Gravity rush plus a bunch of psp and psn games and 2 minis for a total of about 20 games (well 19 games and one demo)

ils411 said:
Runa216 said:
ils411 said:

Why sound shape haz no demo?! ARRRR! I decided to download some videos first (yeah, I cant stream shit so i have to download em first so i can watch em). I'll base my decision on how the gameplay looks. Hopefully its something i'll like coz God knows I dont have to finish Plants VS Zombies for the nth time lol! But its a sloooooow summer right now and any good game will do.

I'd download metal gear 2 or 3 if i thought I'd play through them :-p But seeing as I've yet to really play Unchartred which i've had since I got my vita, i doubt it if i'll play it I dunno, for some strange reason, i'm not compeled to play it. Must be coz Drake is a dood! I only like playing as doods when they look badass (like Dante before he went emo). If the dood doesn't look bad ass I usually chose the female character if there is on.

As for memory cards, I take it you dont have any retail games on your memory card? I've got 18Gb left on mine and I have Hot shots golf and Gravity rush plus a bunch of psp and psn games and 2 minis for a total of about 20 games (well 19 games and one demo)

I've got Disgaea 3: Absense of Detention on there, as well as Disgaea 1 and Disgaea 2, the PSP versions.  also have Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions...lots of RPG's on there. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

Oh, and the system is too expensive.  It's WORTH what it offers, but that doesn't change the fact that the Vita and 3DS both prove that consumers aren't willing to pay 250+ for a dedicated gaming handheld.  3DS sales were almost as bad as Vita's until the price drop, that's when its sales skyrocketed, and the addition of must-have softward certainly helped (Zelda, Star Fox, Mario Kart 7, super Mario 3Dland).

So yeah, Sony certainly has to fix the issues with the system, but for real gamers, it shouldn't be an issue.  250-300 bucks is worth it when you consider the quality of the system and the games, and REAL gamers keep their old consoles, so the PSP should still work.  That doesn't change the fact that core gamers are the minority now.

Sony's biggest mistake?  Catering to the core crowd, a group of people who are picky and known for their bitchiness and negativity.  (Seriously, how many threads have there been on this forum alone bemoaning the vita's game list?)  Hell, I can't read an article that PRAISES the damn system without them putting in some offhand jab about how it has no games.  The link MUGEN posted earlier about LittleBigPlanet Vita even basically went "Well, Vita can look forward to an awesome LittlebigPlanet entry, which is good becuase the system has no games and it certainly needs it."  lolwtf?

As has been said dozens of times in this thread, the Vita has plenty of games not only released, but on the horizon.  and if you're comparing the Vita's library to, say, the PS3 or PSP, then of course it's gonna seem lackluster, we're talking a system that's been out 6 YEARS compared to the vita's 6 MONTHS.  if you expect a brand new system to just magically get a dozen top rated best sellers within a few months, you're delusional.  Of COURSE it has no games, it's only been out half a year and hasn't even hit its first holiday yet.

People are delusional.

I really don't think that 250$ is too much or too expensive. Especially with so many ppl spending 600$ each time Apple introduces new iPad. And what do they do on those iPad's? Play 1$ casual games, watch movies, listen to music, surf, tweet, FB... All things that they can do on PS Vita. I'm not saying that Vita is by any means better than tablet, I'm just saying that many iPad or Tablet owners bought them to use them for "gaming on the go" among other things. I for one thing use my tablet mostly as an ebook reader.

Vita has no games? Then why I'm always buying games if that's the truth? My "wish list" has over 35 titles on it and most of those will be released 'till the middle of 2013. The only complaint that I have is that some games are sloppy 3DS ports (I'm looking at you WB). I really don't mind that, but if you are porting something then do it right, and if hardware can handle more than give it more.

People will bitch. Some will bitch because they can't afford it, some will bitch because they wan't it but good riddance it's from SONY, some will bitch because games they want to play are being released on Vita... But trutfully there's a game for everyone on Vita, and everyone should be able to find something to his liking no matter what. If that's not the case, than that person should get laid and hopefully he/she'll be a bit less frustrated after that.

BTW since I'm a sucker for deals or cheap games... Is this worth the price? http://www.thehut.com/10592604.html (keep in mind that with attached code is still 10% off of the displayed price).

Pimp3k said:
Runa216 said:

Oh, and the system is too expensive.  It's WORTH what it offers, but that doesn't change the fact that the Vita and 3DS both prove that consumers aren't willing to pay 250+ for a dedicated gaming handheld.  3DS sales were almost as bad as Vita's until the price drop, that's when its sales skyrocketed, and the addition of must-have softward certainly helped (Zelda, Star Fox, Mario Kart 7, super Mario 3Dland).

So yeah, Sony certainly has to fix the issues with the system, but for real gamers, it shouldn't be an issue.  250-300 bucks is worth it when you consider the quality of the system and the games, and REAL gamers keep their old consoles, so the PSP should still work.  That doesn't change the fact that core gamers are the minority now.

Sony's biggest mistake?  Catering to the core crowd, a group of people who are picky and known for their bitchiness and negativity.  (Seriously, how many threads have there been on this forum alone bemoaning the vita's game list?)  Hell, I can't read an article that PRAISES the damn system without them putting in some offhand jab about how it has no games.  The link MUGEN posted earlier about LittleBigPlanet Vita even basically went "Well, Vita can look forward to an awesome LittlebigPlanet entry, which is good becuase the system has no games and it certainly needs it."  lolwtf?

As has been said dozens of times in this thread, the Vita has plenty of games not only released, but on the horizon.  and if you're comparing the Vita's library to, say, the PS3 or PSP, then of course it's gonna seem lackluster, we're talking a system that's been out 6 YEARS compared to the vita's 6 MONTHS.  if you expect a brand new system to just magically get a dozen top rated best sellers within a few months, you're delusional.  Of COURSE it has no games, it's only been out half a year and hasn't even hit its first holiday yet.

People are delusional.

I really don't think that 250$ is too much or too expensive. Especially with so many ppl spending 600$ each time Apple introduces new iPad. And what do they do on those iPad's? Play 1$ casual games, watch movies, listen to music, surf, tweet, FB... All things that they can do on PS Vita. I'm not saying that Vita is by any means better than tablet, I'm just saying that many iPad or Tablet owners bought them to use them for "gaming on the go" among other things. I for one thing use my tablet mostly as an ebook reader.

Vita has no games? Then why I'm always buying games if that's the truth? My "wish list" has over 35 titles on it and most of those will be released 'till the middle of 2013. The only complaint that I have is that some games are sloppy 3DS ports (I'm looking at you WB). I really don't mind that, but if you are porting something than do it right, and if hardware can handle more than give him more.

People will bitch. Some will bitch because they can't afford it, some will bitch because they wan't it but good riddance it's from SONY, some will bitch because games they want to play are being released on Vita... But trutfully there's a game for everyone on Vita, and everyone should be able to find something to his liking no matter what. If that's not the case, than that person should get laid and hopefully he/she'll be a bit less frustrated after that.

I didn't say it was too expensive, I said that people weren't willing to pay 250+ for a handheld that mostly just plays games.  yeah, it does plenty of other things, but that's not how the general public sees it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX