By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Whats your favorite comic based movie?

Whats your favorite comic based movie?

Blade 2 6.90%

Spider Man 3 10.34%

Batman 14 48.28%

X-Men 4 13.79%

Sin City 1 3.45%

Hellboy 1 3.45%

Superman 0 0%

Daredevil (lol i hope not) 3 10.34%

Hulk 1 3.45%

Men In Black 0 0%

Total:29

Why everyone likes Spiderman 2 ? , it had no relations to the first movie and the villian was meh, he's just like the villian of the first movie , only the first movie had special relationship with Spiderman, Doc Oc is just a random villian.

my favorite gotta be The Crow , the first one, the others ones are hilariously bad.

oh and Spawn was great as well, i also love the Xmen series, hmm... i don't know which one is my favorite now.

Around the Network

The Dark Knight is leaps and bounds ahead of any comic book movie and still is. The only movie that'll top is The Dark Knight Rises.

My next are X Men series and Spider Man series.

I've always been a huge X Men fan and the movies are cool. Also if you have yet to have seen X Men First Class, go watch it now. It's quite the incredible!!!

MrT-Tar said:
Mine have to be either V for Vendetta or Akira

I loved the 1989 Batman though.

Kodus! . i love Vertigo Comics

I'm a comic book fan, Im a movie fan. None of my favourites are in the poll.

My favourites in no particular order:

Akira
American Splendor
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Persepolis
Barbarella
Les douze travaux d'Astérix (The Twelve Tasks of Asterix)
Superman (1978)
Road to Perdition
Ghost World

I didn't like the 3 acceptable movies based on Alan Moore comics (V for Vendetta, From Hell, Watchmen) as much as I hoped, but all 3 are okay.

PullusPardus said:

Why everyone likes Spiderman 2 ? , it had no relations to the first movie and the villian was meh, he's just like the villian of the first movie , only the first movie had special relationship with Spiderman, Doc Oc is just a random villian.

Probably because it was a much better movie than the first, plus how could anyone say it had no relationship to the first movie? Most of Peter Parkers inner struggles/conflicts/motivations* to which he seemed to be suffering throughout most of SM2 were set up in the first movie. Doctor Octopus is probably one of SM's best (and best known)mvillains (in the comic) so what's the problem there? (Besides, SPIDERMAN 3 WAS more closely related to the first movie-to the point where it re-wrote it's own backstory ,and it was a big steamy piece of spider dung!)

Favourite super hero movies: Spiderman 2, Dark Knight, Superman:The Movie and X-Men 2 (which I think was just called 'X-2' in some other countries?) and KICK-ASS.

Favourite comic book movies based on wanky comics noone actually bought but 'cool' people claim to like are: American Splendor and Ghost World (but def NOT 'ART SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL'!)

*or whatever it is media teachers tell us are very important elements of any story

Around the Network

Where is Watchmen and 300?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

From this list, I would have to go with Sin City. Awesome. But my fav comic to movie is Watchmen, hands down. V is very good too and The Dark Knight is amazing. Kick ass is not as good as the comic.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Ummm, you forgot to add "The Crow"

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

The Dark Knight kills any other super hero movie. It may be over rated, but it makes every other superhero movie look like crap(most are anyways lol).

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

So many of these comic movies do so much right but then they fuck it up somehow (in comparison to the comic). Kick Ass for example was perfect for a movie but then they screw up the Red Mist reveal, make Dave get the girl, screw up Big Daddy's origin, and change the villain into a bad buy cliche.

-Tony Stark isn't an alcoholic in Iron Man
-Batman isn't a cunning in the Batman movies (and what the hell is up with that dialog!?_
-Superman is all over the board after the first movie
-Spider-Man....don't even get me started on Spider-Man.
-Fantastic Four? *vomits*

The ones I liked the most are the ones whose comics I've never read: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, 300, and Sin City. I can enjoy the others (can't wait to see Captain America and Green Lantern) and I haven't seen X-Men first class (X-2 was great at the time.) but they always let me down.