6 39 10.92%

5 30 8.40%

4 18 5.04%

3 9 2.52%

2 4 1.12%

1 27 7.56%

Total:357
Ail said:
One thing I was wondering by the way, will the Wii U actually support several of those new controllers ?
We never saw two at the same time and if the system is wirelessly sending the video to the controller it is questionnable if it can do that to several controllers at the same time.
What do you think ?

Some game (I can't remember the name, making this story suck) was confirmed to use multiple of the new controllers for split screen multiplayer

Around the Network
bazmeistergen said:
Wii - well there are games coming, perhaps later on in the convention they will be mentioned... a few appeared on the screen at the end.

Reggie definitely said there would be more announced as the convention goes on.  I dunno if XENOBLADE or THE LAST STORY will be among them, but even if they're not, there's still a chance that both will show up via a pop announcement, y'know, similar to MH3, DQ6, and even ToGF.  I'm not going to get my hopes up for that, of course, but I'm not giving up either.

the second impression was better than the first. I want to change my vote to 8/10

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

not good at all... 5/10 IMO
3DS was the only system to get an excellent showing.
Wii was completely ignored during the show; even the games announced for it on Nintendo's site were either games we new about or party games. Zelda looks amazing, but that is no excuse!.
Wii U is a cool concept but was presented quite badly - the 3rd party reel was of games running on ps360, and it turns out some of the games shown aren't even confirmed for release on Wii U such as Aliens...

Basically that means the show was a long commercial for the 3DS. Everybody else who doesn't have one or want one was basically told: "Wii is dead, Wii U is coming but all these games/concepts may not show up on it..."

to me that sounds way too close to: "Buy a 3DS or buy a Playstation cause Nintendo's got nothin' for ya on the home front any time soon..."

yay...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:
Wii was completely ignored during the show; even the games announced for it on Nintendo's site were either games we new about or party games. Zelda looks amazing, but that is no excuse!.
Wii U is a cool concept but was presented quite badly - the 3rd party reel was of games running on ps360, and it turns out some of the games shown aren't even confirmed for release on Wii U such as Aliens...

Basically that means the show was a long commercial for the 3DS. Everybody else who doesn't have one or want one was basically told: "Wii is dead, Wii U is coming but all these games/concepts may not show up on it..."

to me that sounds way too close to: "Buy a 3DS or buy a Playstation cause Nintendo's got nothin' for ya on the home front any time soon..."

yay...

I reckon in 12 months time you will have a very different opinion. I would argue that Nintendo achieved their aims by focusing on the control method and the possibilities it gives. One just has to look at the media in the UK alone - The Sun, the biggest selling newspaper in the country, had a page article about it going a little loopy about how cool it was. Ign is full of praise, particularly on the Nintendo section, of course, but it is fairly impressive nonetheless.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

initial reaction: 6- the 3DS and Zelda stuff was great, but the unveiling of the Wii U could have been done better, left me feeling underwhelmed

after time to reflect i would say 7-8: as more information comes out about the Wii U the more i am liking it, plus Smash Bros

bazmeistergen said:
gumby_trucker said:

yay...

I reckon in 12 months time you will have a very different opinion. I would argue that Nintendo achieved their aims by focusing on the control method and the possibilities it gives. One just has to look at the media in the UK alone - The Sun, the biggest selling newspaper in the country, had a page article about it going a little loopy about how cool it was. Ign is full of praise, particularly on the Nintendo section, of course, but it is fairly impressive nonetheless.

I don't think so... I feel burned as a Wii owner so I am less likely to let myself get hyped for a new console when all I wanted was a few last games for Wii. Xenoblade and Last Story weren't even announced for US release, with Reggie giving a "nothing to announce" bullshit response.

I don't think I'll be getting a WiiU any time near launch, if at all.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Only a 7...

WiiU looks great in theory... But with only tech demos it's still just theory... Maybe next year's e3 showing will win me over (but gotta actually see real games)