By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does my prediction of the PSVita outselling the 3DS sound crazy now?

Is it crazy? Yes
Is it unlikely? Yes
Is it pre-emptive? Yes, wait until after Nintendo's E3 conference.
However, is it impossible? No.

There's more competition now than for the previous set of handhelds. Unless Sony really push it like Kinect last year, it's easy to say this will sell even worse. AND its early days for the 3DS yet (infact, the update today proves that; i'm using it to write this!)

Remember, the 3DS was gonna be out in 2010 initially with loads of games at E3. That didn't happen. We've only just seen the conference. So, it's a bit early yet

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

About 7 years ago it was pretty obvious that the PSP was going to dominate the handheld market. ...

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

It is not because they do the most for hardcore games that they will own the concurrent, (sadly) that is not how the market works.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
YAY ! I suggest we celebrate now since victory is guaranteed. Its not like it might come back to bite us in the ass or anything.

Lets dance !

Damn.

I won't be able to get that image out of my head for a while...

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

disolitude said:
I don't understand...what changed? PSP was only 50 bucks more than the DS at launch and PSP was similarly destroying it "spec" wise...and look what happened.

This so feels like 2004 all over again its not even funny.

The bottom line is that Sony has no clue how to make portable games to appeal to mass market. Their "portable" games appeal to hardcore only as they are console ports. Hardcore will gobble up the NGP but a year after launch it will be business as usual.

Nintendo has yet to release a Mario game for the 3DS for Christs sake...

DS was $149.99 at launch while PSP at launch was $249.99.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

With the recent announements of PSVita being Price $250Wifi/$3003G it's looking pretty obvious that the PSVita gonna dominated the handheld market.

Quoted for later lulz.

Euphoria14 said:
disolitude said:
I don't understand...what changed? PSP was only 50 bucks more than the DS at launch and PSP was similarly destroying it "spec" wise...and look what happened.

This so feels like 2004 all over again its not even funny.

The bottom line is that Sony has no clue how to make portable games to appeal to mass market. Their "portable" games appeal to hardcore only as they are console ports. Hardcore will gobble up the NGP but a year after launch it will be business as usual.

Nintendo has yet to release a Mario game for the 3DS for Christs sake...

DS was $149.99 at launch while PSP at launch was $249.99.

Really? I thought it was 200. My bad...in that case...Nintendo is doooomed!

"List of huge games"?

i think the price and lineup of games it has in dev and launching will help its chances alot better this time, than the psp had at its launch. but nintendo wont just lay down and let vita just roll over the 3ds, i think with its upcoming games and 3rd party support . its sales will rise and i also believe a price drop will happen by oct to make sure it beats the playstation vita by a huge margin. i think this generation of handhelds will be a closer affair than the current generation though.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

manuel said:
About 7 years ago it was pretty obvious that the PSP was going to dominate the handheld market. ...

This...almost feels like a Deja vu...