By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does my prediction of the PSVita outselling the 3DS sound crazy now?

still crazy but less crazy than keiji inafune

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

Personally I'm way more interested in PSV than 3DS, but I wouldn't call it pretty obvious at all. Last gen it seemed pretty obvious to many that PSP would outsell DS after the latter's slow start. Be careful with what you say at the start of a gen because the odds of a prediction failing are high.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

This holiday NGP is likely to be on top, really though gilgamesh we don't have any proof or reasoning they'll take the entire gen ...

dunno about gen or anything, nor I care tbh as long as the device done well in LT with some great games

but what I know are those kept yapping on about how it's DOA are looking rather stupid now

:D awesome

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

nintendo are the kings of handheld so it wont be easy for sony. i think we shouldnt judge too soon. 3DS just released, so give it a chance. 3DS is going though ps3 launch treatment.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
Personally I'm way more interested in PSV than 3DS, but I wouldn't call it pretty obvious at all. Last gen it seemed pretty obvious to many that PSP would outsell DS after the latter's slow start. Be careful with what you say at the start of a gen because the odds of a prediction failing are high.

Factors are much more stacked in favour of Vita against 3DS than they were in PSP vs NDS

PSP only had brute power and multimedia features advantage vs price/battery life/controls of NDS

This gen Nintendo lost battery life and price advantages and controls are stacked into Vita favour (well actually battery life might be slightly better too).

Also world has changed people got used to always online tablets and smartphones so this might be giving additional advantage to Vita if it can double as tablet like machine.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Factors are much more stacked in favour of Vita against 3DS than they were in PSP vs NDS

PSP only had brute power and multimedia features advantage vs price/battery life/controls of NDS

This gen Nintendo lost battery life and price advantages and controls are stacked into Vita favour (well actually battery life might be slightly better too).

Also world has changed people got used to always online tablets and smartphones so this might be giving additional advantage to Vita if it can double as tablet like machine.

I'm not saying otherwise. I actually agree. Just that it's not obvious and that I wouldn't be surprised if 3DS ended up on top either.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

disolitude said:

Really? I thought it was 200. My bad...in that case...Nintendo is doooomed!

IIRC the base PSP was $200, but pretty much the only thing you could find in stores was the $250 value pack.  Or maybe the non value pack version came out sometime after launch, I can't remember exactly.

I'm sorry for you but PSVita has not only hardcore game nut also casual game like little deviants,sound shape,little big planet.

So what you saying is false  PSVita is like 3ds a hardcore/casual handheld consoles.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I dont see it's crazy.
I know ds sold more 140 millions and PSP 70 miilions you will sell ds beat hardly the psp but psp is the best salling non nintendo handheld.
The First point psp was much more expensive then ds,ds lunch for 150 $ and psp $ this time 3ds and ngp cost the same PSvita have the advantage of prince in fact that PSVita have a higher technologie.
The second point is the lack of game and killer series first year the psp sell very well beauce of the solid lunch line-up but when developper abondon the psp the sale goes down in america and europe and gamers lost interest of psp and ds rise the gap but this time developpers has a stronger support then psp and sony annonce a call of dutty game and monster hunter to make PSVita succesful in america and japan.
The last point sony has been criticized for the lack of innovation and port of ps2 game this time sony innovate with the back touch and annonce many new ip like sound shape,little deviants,gravity daze,smart as,reality fighter and many succesful playstations games.
So 3ds will sold badly compared to ds and PSVita will sold much more then ip because of developper support and price and his rearpad and oled screen then it's possible that PSVita outsold 3ds or have a smaller gap between 3ds and PSVita sale.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m