7 125 20.46%

6 59 9.66%

5 43 7.04%

4 27 4.42%

3 11 1.80%

2 11 1.80%

1 41 6.71%

Total:611

I gave it a 7/10, I liked everything on the PSV side and the new Dust 514 game, same for Starhawk, but there were big no shows like Twisted Metal and The Last Guardian :/

also, they didn't announce that many new games for next year, I'm quite curious to see what they're big holiday 2012 title is considering they always have it announced by now

Around the Network

What, no new games and people rate it 7s 8s and 9s? Take your goggles off.

I didn't watch the show but from lists here no new significant PS3 game was even hinted at, right?
(xcept for some God of War port, right? But from the trailer it looked like PSP graphics)

Some Sony fans should show some decency. We MS boys admitted MS conference was weak so we gave it 3's and 4's. You guys give a weaker conference 7s and 8s.

So had they announced God of War 4 (an announcement roughly on par with MS's Halo 4) you'd probably gave it 9s and 10s?

Com'on, Sony ain't all that.

Slimebeast said:
What, no new games and people rate it 7s 8s and 9s? Take your goggles off.

I didn't watch the show but from lists here no new significant PS3 game was even hinted at, right?
(xcept for some God of War port, right? But from the trailer it looked like PSP graphics)

There were several PS3 games on show. Some well known (Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, inFamous 2, HD ICO), some less known (Starhawk, Sly 4), and some hardly known at all (Dust 514, Ruin, Medieval Moves, GoW Collection). Seems a good spread to me, especially as other games are still in the wings (and some are even playable at E3, like Twisted Metal). And there was a bunch of exclusive goodies and extra Move gubbinz. Good stuff, all-in-all. Vita was the star of the show, though.

Slimebeast said:
Some Sony fans should show some decency. We MS boys admitted MS conference was weak so we gave it 3's and 4's. You guys give a weaker conference 7s and 8s.

So had they announced God of War 4 (an announcement roughly on par with MS's Halo 4) you'd probably gave it 9s and 10s?

You said you didn't watch it, so you shouldn't complain about people rating it too high.

And there were new game announcements: Dust 514, Medevil Moves, Sly 4, Star Trek, Ruin

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

They announced a whole new gaming platform and priced it well. That's a pretty big announcement, far more than Halo 4. Yes, Halo is a big for Microsoft, but nowhere near as big as a new platform. Your perspective seems a little awry.

I'll go with 8/10.

Good

• Uncharted 3's incredible footage
  • The inFamous 2 trailer
  • The BioShock Infinite footage
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Sly 4
  • $249 and worldwide launch.
  • The awesome TV with the non-splitscreen splitscreen
  • Those hilarious presenters who couldn't breathe and talk at the same time
  • The Capcom guy
  • Ruin has the potential to be very good. 
  • Dust 514 was pretty awesome
  • Starhawk's CGI trailer was pretty, but not very substantial. A live demo would have been nice.
  • STAR TREK. WITH SPOCK.

Bad

• Modnation PSV. That does not look good.
  • The obligatory Move garbage they felt compelled to show
  • The irritating emotionless vice president guy
  • Really creepy ending with a DJ having a seizure.
  • No big new game announcements, which was disappointing.

All in all, I enjoyed the show, other than the low points (the Move games and Modnation, though the guy's breathing made Modnation funny) but I was hoping to see more new stuff. I haven't watched Ubisoft yet, so:

Sony > EA (those two are close) >>> Microsoft.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Hapimeses said:
Slimebeast said:

They announced a whole new gaming platform and priced it well. That's a pretty big announcement, far more than Halo 4. Yes, Halo is a big for Microsoft, but nowhere near as big as a new platform. Your perspective seems a little awry.

So even though we knew all that since months, about the new handheld and Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, it's that good? So basically by your logic Nintendo conference is automatically 9-10 because we already know they'll show a new console?

8.5/10
(+)A long showcase of games, some interesting some not but that's what the conference should be about. (+)Move is getting some quality support with Resistance3 and Bioshock, that's good.(+)The PSV price is really low, still I'm not interested in any of the games they showed. (-) On the other hand 499$ is not a cheap price at all for a 24" TV, even if 3D. (-)Where is The Last Guardian?

Slimebeast said:
Hapimeses said:
Slimebeast said:

So even though we knew all that since months, about the new handheld and Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, it's that good? So basically by your logic Nintendo conference is automatically 9-10 because we already know they'll show a new console?

I didn't say that. Please don't put words into my mouth. I said that the Vita was a big announcement. Bigger than Halo 4. And that the price was a big surprise for many. $249 is a hell of a lot cheaper than many expected. That goes some way to explaining why so many chose 8/10. As for Nintendo: They still have to confirm the specs and price of their machine, as well as a launch list of games, so there is no automatic 9-10 or similar. It depends upon what is announced later today. My 'logic' as you call it does not entail what you suggest at all.

Also, did you read my other post to you? There were many more games than Uncharted 3 and Resistane 3?

So, I repeat, your perspective seems awry. I'm surprised you can't see why people liked what they saw. It may not suit you, but there was quite a lot there, and it clearly suits others.