By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS VIta: $249 for Wi-fi, $299 for 3G - Global 2011 Release

Yeah $20 a month sounds about right for what it's probably gonna be. I probably wouldn't ever have the need to activate but I'd probably cough up the extra $50 anyway so that I at least have access to the feature if I need it. I'd hate to pay $249 for a Wi-Fi only model and be like "fuck, I should have got the 3G model."

I'm wondering which carrier Sony will align themselves with in Canada. Sony Ericsson have an exclusivity deal with Rogers for the Xperia Play so it'll probably be Rogers.

Around the Network

I need an MGS game for the PSV and I wouldn't mind.....(Please forgive me) a FF7 ReMake....also is it confirmed that I can stream PSV games to my PS3?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

hiroko said:
what the hell did i have diffrent eyes then some other people here..uncharted looked OMFG sick! soo does wipout
and a new killzone is comming and 80 other games!!!

now what has 3ds..ow wait..a 10 year old zelda game

Wipeout on PS3 is criminally overlooked by most. It's a AAA game and a potential system seller. Everyone I show it to are blown away by just how cool it is. 

Some people here are saying the Vita doesn't have games... Well, Wipeout is a killer app and the fact that I can play against my buddies on PS3 makes it one of the tastiest handheld prospects I've ever seen.

consider me impressed. Looks very very good so far

I expect the UK price of the $299 version to be £249 That's exactly what is it with the ps3 and the $249 to be £199
very good pricing i know what im getting for xmas

Around the Network

Where are those goddamn Oprah gifs when you need 'em. XD

Not bad Sony. You have a chance. Now do what Nintendo did but with better games, and you COULD win...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

SaviorX said:
Carl2291 said:
Savior...

Im guessing they will use LBP as the main force to push it. Its a big enough name for a launch and it shows the systems unique capabilities quite well... Cant do much worse than the 3DS launch games

LBP? Look at what happened to it on the PSP the first time.

LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Platform
0.47 0.01 1.14 1.63

It was not even part of the Top 20 Best-selling PSP games this generation. On the Playstation 3, LBP1 sold about 4.5 million with LOTS of bundling and promotion, while LBP2 has been out around 4 months and managed 1.3m. It will struggle to reach 2.5 million especially without bundling. I would not bank on this series being what sells the Vita.

LBP PSP sold 1.63 million on a device extrememly pirated and on a device which many gamers simply got bored with due to the lack of consistent releases for games, and your saying it isn't a system seller?

for me personally, LBP on the PSP was a reason to get a PSP, the same will be said for the PSV version and no matter what, LBP is a game that appeals to all ages and is easy to pick up and play, which is great for on the go, did you see the PSV LBP trailer? (if not click here), it looked great and could be played on the go!

SaviorX said:
Hold on, I have a serious question.

Which one of the PSV games shown tonight will actually be a system SELLER this holiday season? Sure, some of the names fare well on consoles, but what will actually push this bad boy besides its good price?

Holidays and new stuff effect will push it for holidays. Just look how first 2-3 weeks of 3DS looked like.

Then consider it will be Christmas not spring, Vita is considered cheap by consumers unlike 3DS that started with heated discussion about rip-off and Uncharted alone is bigger name than anything that was 3DS starting title.

Also it get's remastered Monster Hunter from PSP which alone should provide healthy baseline sales in Japan.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The pricing is phenomenal. I'm buying (if battery time is decent).