By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is anyone actually buying Kinect Star Wars?

Seriously would you buy Kinect Star Wars?

Love everything star wars... 21 13.13%

Meh maybe 24 15.00%

If it gets higher than a 5.... 12 7.50%

HELL no this is poo poo 79 49.38%

WTF is wrong with that fish!? 24 15.00%

Total:160

I'm excited about it actually, it looks like it has potential to be very fun to play.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
I'm excited about it actually, it looks like it has potential to be very fun to play.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

It seems we have some more coding work as my post has dissapeared leaving a blank quote. I am with @Rainbird on this although maye excited would be to strong a word, the hate though is biased and little unfair.

The people I have seen playing the game seem to be getting into the role which I think is key, the only issue I have is they chose the prequel when obviously the orignal Star Wars films where so much better.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I don't think Star Wars Kinect is aimed at core gamers, so its target audience will forgive its flaws. My nephew will probably want it.

I still dont understand the hate. I watched the E3 press conference and the video/trailer on Xbox Live. The montage of all the places you visit and the various types of gameplay hinted all look very good. The demo at the press conference showed what appears is just a portion of the gameplay. Sure there was some lag, but as we have seen for 2 years with Kinect lag has been usually one of the last things for developers to tune. So what is it what do people hate?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

This game has drawn curiosity, disgust, as well as an excitement. Its mixed emotions from people. I personally don't think the demo showed us enough to realize everything the game entails. For the core gamer some people think it looks great and others think it looks like crap. I admit the graphics look far from the best and a little more cartoonish in nature, but IMO they aren't terrible nor are they graphics you would see in last gen. they look acceptable for a game this gen. As far as gameplay it looks as if you are taken to all sorts of areas in the Star Wars universe, however it appears the controls may be just a little monotonous,but I think we still have not seen enough yet.
I will also say this game is running a fine line of aiming at boys, young men, dads with their sons, and middle aged men. It seems to be focusing on mainly casual, but also with a hardcore focus. No matter if the gameplay is good, or mediocre it will still sell very well, mainly because it has "Star Wars" in its title, and Kinect install base will likely be in millions, 10-12+ if it releases this holiday. Also as seen last year Microsoft has heavily advertised Kinect, and it has done well as evidenced. Its hard to say how much this title will really sell, but it really depends on advertising. If its heavily advertised and a holiday release I would seriously not be suprised if it comes close to a million seller, but Im really not sure. I would say its safe to say just from its title and relatively attraction to guys it will sell at least 400 to 500 thousand copies.
Even if gameplay is mediocre it will still sell well because A. It is Star Wars, and B. It is a whole new immersive experience to play in the Star Wars universe. Again, even if its mediocre game play it will still sell well, because its something new and will draw interest.
From my take the game does look fun, but Im just not sure yet on how the controls will feel when playing through the entire campaign. So I am putting this in my wait and see catagory, but I would say 60% I buy against 40% I dont.

The game looks good so far and I can see myself playing it with the family. The graphics look fine for a Kinect game, I'm not sure what people were expecting it to look like. It does look better than the initial reveal last year. I also don't understand why everyone is focusing on lightsaber duels aka sword fights. The selling point will be using force powers like a real Jedi, well at least for me. I wonder if there will be a way to play as a Sith Lord because it would be fun to strangle and electrocute people.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Seece said:

I don't think Star Wars Kinect is aimed at core gamers, so its target audience will forgive its flaws. My nephew will probably want it.

Good point as some people may see it and instantly think like wow star wars with no controller, count me in!

Two million sold. Quote me on this.

d21lewis said:
Two million sold. Quote me on this.

2 million! Then again that casual gamer market is rather big lol