By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is anyone actually buying Kinect Star Wars?

Seriously would you buy Kinect Star Wars?

Love everything star wars... 21 13.13%

Meh maybe 24 15.00%

If it gets higher than a 5.... 12 7.50%

HELL no this is poo poo 79 49.38%

WTF is wrong with that fish!? 24 15.00%

Total:160
blkfish92 said:
Michael-5 said:
Bad options. There is no option for Yes without sounding like a crazy Star Wars freak...

Oh lol, I thought only star wars fans would be interested, the game doesn't look very great, which is sad because as a star wars game where you can "control you're movements" sounds promising as star wars offers fast awesome light saber battles, yet the kinect game just looked so slow paced.

It doesn't look great, no, but it does look good. I may pick it up when it's used, and I think this game will likely get a 7/10 game as long as they don't f**k it up. However there are a lot of better Kinect games, like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, and Ryse.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:

Thats a completely shitty poll.

Here's my answer (and it should be in the poll) 

If it is good I will give it a try it.

Dude that kinect star wars looked extremely glitchy and just plain old god awful...

>_> Yes cause we both know its coming out tomorrow right?

It didn't look all that great to me but if its good then I will give it a try.

Ya , but if the game's being showcased at e3 then that signifies some sence of completion at least enough to make the game look good and playable, but it's not even like star wars, no fast paced lightsaber battles just going around 1 hitting random robots.

Michael-5 said:
blkfish92 said:
Michael-5 said:
Bad options. There is no option for Yes without sounding like a crazy Star Wars freak...

Oh lol, I thought only star wars fans would be interested, the game doesn't look very great, which is sad because as a star wars game where you can "control you're movements" sounds promising as star wars offers fast awesome light saber battles, yet the kinect game just looked so slow paced.

It doesn't look great, no, but it does look good. I may pick it up when it's used, and I think this game will likely get a 7/10 game as long as they don't f**k it up. However there are a lot of better Kinect games, like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, and Ryse.

Yes! Thank you! As ghost recon does look like a good kinect game! And I'm keeping in mind of when this kinect star wars comes out as I bet it's metacritic wont be higher than a 6 at best.

blkfish92 said:
Michael-5 said:
blkfish92 said:
Michael-5 said:

Yes! Thank you! As ghost recon does look like a good kinect game! And I'm keeping in mind of when this kinect star wars comes out as I bet it's metacritic wont be higher than a 6 at best.

The metacritics won't be above 6 because the controls look sloppy and a lot of websites will trash the rating for sloppy controls. However the concept still looks fun. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for Wii showcased similar controls, and I thought it was the funnest version of that game. If that game could sell, so will this one. I predict 500k sales, not much, but it's something.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:
blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:

Thats a completely shitty poll.

Here's my answer (and it should be in the poll) 

If it is good I will give it a try it.

Dude that kinect star wars looked extremely glitchy and just plain old god awful...

>_> Yes cause we both know its coming out tomorrow right?

It didn't look all that great to me but if its good then I will give it a try.

Ya , but if the game's being showcased at e3 then that signifies some sence of completion at least enough to make the game look good and playable, but it's not even like star wars, no fast paced lightsaber battles just going around 1 hitting random robots.

No they show gameplay up to 2 years in advance of when the game actually comes out....just because you saw that doesn't mean its anywhere close to coming out which means plenty of time to polish....it doesn't even have a release date that should give you a clue right there.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
blkfish92 said:
Michael-5 said:
blkfish92 said:
Michael-5 said:

The metacritics won't be above 6 because the controls look sloppy and a lot of websites will trash the rating for sloppy controls. However the concept still looks fun. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for Wii showcased similar controls, and I thought it was the funnest version of that game. If that game could sell, so will this one. I predict 500k sales, not much, but it's something.

True on the sales, but ya those controls are quite the poo.

When have we ever seen a game that is such an abomination do a 180 with the "its not close to release" excuse?. Folks, this is the game. the game sucks and it sucks for us star wars fans but we will just hang our head and hope it falls quickly through the cracks of this word and is never mentioned again.

The dude just flailed, it wasnt capturing, its just flailing at point A, flailing at point B and pretend youre using the force which will not feel rewarding to me holding air and pretending its a large machine....rinse and repeat. I know its PC these days to try to be positive especially for me, since i have a PSN signiture so queue the "you dont have kinect dont comment" blah blah blah, but a turds a turd, and as a gamer if this is the future MSFT is banking on, its a turd im afraid of.

Summary of what one of the premier Star Wars sites said about the game demo.

Good stuff!!! We'll get video up as it becomes available but we at least wanted to pass along what we initially saw. The locales (besides Bespin) certainly seem to fall within the PT timeframe. The person playing the game for the demo sure did a lot of swinging of his arm for lightsaber use and jumping during combat. Let's all start stretching now!

You can see that at www.theforce.net

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

SOMEBODY DESTROY THIS ABOMINATION OF A GAME!

It was decent from what I played at E3. Nothing mind blowing but better than I expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.