By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Kinect suck anymore than it does already?

can it?

Yes 71 29.83%

No, its already at the bottom of anything. 100 42.02%

You suck, its awesome 55 23.11%

I am ashamed I wasted my money on it. 12 5.04%

Total:238

All the Kinect games that was promising is on rails... meh. Dance Central is the only game that plays well on Kinect. Star War Kinect look so bad on E3.

Around the Network

Who expected Kinect to have core games anyways? It caters to a different audience, and I respect it for doing so. At least one audience is loving it...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

@pavolink we have COD and Smash Bros. for that

zgamer5 said:
well im not a fan of kinect but ms are trieng to make it core, but theyr failing. they need to integrate kinect control with controller control at the same time. that would work very well.

So the guy wasn't using a controller in ME3? /sarcasm

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

superchunk said:
cory.ok said:
superchunk said:
The best potential features I've seen so far for Kinect could have been simply a microphone.

However, I do give kudos to MS for making it happen where Sony has had a microphone device for far longer and never did voice control.

socom navy seals (released in 2002) had voice controls

... and why wasn't it continued.. why did Sony not put that into their XMB? That is what I am referring to. Not some 3rd party one off.

To make a long story short..

Company L&H who was working in the speech recognizion brand and was one of the best companies in this branche delivered and worked with Sony for delivering the speech gameplay in Socom.  Later MS showed also interest in the company but they declined MS's offer...one month later Wall street made a article about L&H complaining that L&H has a big issue the backslash was huge and the company's stock declined.  One day worth 10 billion $ the next day only 50 million $...  Scansoft bought L&H, then later merged with Nuance communications who then later started to work with MS.    Sony probably didn't bought L&H because it would be a loss for them while MS can use the software for Windows/laptops/cars (they work with car manufactures)...

And I think I speak for all who played the original Socom that the speech recognization was rather a gimmeck....Nothing is so so annoying as saying  'go to point A' while the AI characters went to point B and get killed.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
I don't get it.....

Kinect doesn't suck....

I agree with you,  but we can't win sadly...  First they complain that MS doesn't make effort in creating new Kinect titles and that their is no hardcore title who works with kinect.....now MS shows a bunch of new Kinect titles and hardcore titles that use Kinect and people complain they look horrible..

It is the same with the 'no exclusives for X360 complainers' First complain that their are no games....Now MS showed us that in the period September-december X360 will have Gears of war 3, Forza 4, Halo Anniversary, Witcher 2, Minecraft,   5 games that will probably have a plus 90 rating on metacritic, have all huge sales potential and the best of all are 5 different genres (and I am not including all the Kinect stuff and other games I forget at the moment) and people still go on like   'Wow another Gears of war, anoter Forza, Anoter Halo....and 2 PC games...now I really want to buy a X360 LMAO'...

We can't defend us because it is their opinion even if their complains may simply be trolling.

Lostplanet22 said:
BenVTrigger said:
I don't get it.....

Kinect doesn't suck....

I agree with you,  but we can't win sadly...  First they complain that MS doesn't make effort in creating new Kinect titles and that their is no hardcore title who works with kinect.....now MS shows a bunch of new Kinect titles and hardcore titles that use Kinect and people complain they look horrible..

It is the same with the 'no exclusives for X360 complainers' First complain that their are no games....Now MS showed us that in the period September-december X360 will have Gears of war 3, Forza 4, Halo Anniversary, Witcher 2, Minecraft,   5 games that will probably have a plus 90 rating on metacritic, have all huge sales potential and the best of all are 5 different genres (and I am not including all the Kinect stuff and other games I forget at the moment) and people still go on like   'Wow another Gears of war, anoter Forza, Anoter Halo....and 2 PC games...now I really want to buy a X360 LMAO'...

We can't defend us because it is their opinion even if their complains may simply be trolling.

The Witcher 2 and Minecraft are not exclusives, they are also available on the PC.

Lostplanet22 said:
BenVTrigger said:
I don't get it.....

Kinect doesn't suck....

Me personally i think they are doing a great job with support for Kinect, way better than another company  i wont mention. IMHO and maybe some others, the games that arent casual and use the Kinect are boring. Voice recogntion??? MS can do better than that, your not even using the actual camera features with that. An on rail Fables game?? That not even in the same genre as the regular series that looks like a cheap cash in to me. Kinda like that heroes on the move crap.

People arent complainign that there are not games, they are mad cause there ar no new IPs. Gears 3 should have been out by now. Another Forza??, a Halo remake?? not exactly original. 2 PC games, those arent even exclusive and there coming out much later than the PC versions. 2 of those 5 games are not exclusives, so the complainers are not really wrong are they???

UltimateUnknown said:
Wow, I personally thought the Ghost Recon demo was friggin awesome with Kinect. Plus all the Kinect fun labs features like the 3D head tracking is very under-rated. Codename Kingdoms also looks great as a Kinect exclusive game. But I do hope that more games like ME3, Forza 4 and Ghost Recon start using this new tech and certain features to enhance the experience, as that is what will appeal to us hardcore the most. The live features shown were amazing as well, I know we can do it with the controller, but an alternate simplistic and natural way to do it is much more appealing to me and the wider audience. This is the future just as touchscreen was.

As for the casual games, although I won't play them, I want the other members of my family who are not hardcore to get the joy of gaming, so kudos to MS for that. People just need to grow up and understand that MS are trying to appeal to a wider audience and its no longer about the hardcore only. But I have to give them credit for trying to keep both sides happy.

The ghost recon demo was stupid.

All it showed was menu screens.

Playing the game would have to be on rails as you have no movement control.. hence the crappy SW game.

BenVTrigger said:
I don't get it.....

Kinect doesn't suck....

sucks horribly.

massive lag.

no actual movement controls.

I've said it since it was first mentioned, as it stands its just not compatible with 99% of game genres. Trying to force it to fit into FPS, TPS, and many others is just stupid and a waste of time.

They want to touch a core genre that might actually do well? Try RTS or Civilization.