By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Kinect suck anymore than it does already?

can it?

Yes 71 29.83%

No, its already at the bottom of anything. 100 42.02%

You suck, its awesome 55 23.11%

I am ashamed I wasted my money on it. 12 5.04%

Total:238

@rainbird so what would you consider the game to be??? Im not trying to bust chops, but S&P series you move from left to right but the game guides you in moving forward. That series is considered to be on-rails. If it is not, then what genre would that and this SW Kinect game fall into

Around the Network
superchunk said:
themanwithnoname said:
superchunk said:
fastyxx said:
Shinobi-san said:
Coudnt agree more, cant believe microsoft is repeating their previous e3! And are they blind to see that kinect does not work on some games!!! star wars looked horrible.

You mean last year's E3 which helped them reverse the trends in the whole history of consoles by actually increasing sales AND succesfully launching an expensive peripheral and having all their financials up?

Yes.  As a corporation, you certainly wouldn't want to repeat THAT.  God forbid.

If they hadn't had Dance Central it would have flopped. None of these games displayed today will continue that trend... not for $150. Needs to be $40.

That makes a ton of sense. It's not like it got outsold by Kinect Sports or anything. Oh wait...

1. sports was $20 cheaper

2. sports was a direct rip off of the biggest selling game of this generation... wii sports.

Dance Central is still the only game remotely worth having in that offerings... and that is soundly beat by Just Dance 2 in terms of quality and fun. 4 player >>>>>>>> one at a time.

Point is Kinect sold off of hype.

Its a crappy product that needs mroe time in the oven and a solid controller to help with actual movement beyond dodging.

It needs far faster response time.

Its best current feature could have been done with just software and a mic.

1. Silly chunk, Dance Central wasnt $70.

2. Silly Chunk, not only was Wii Sports bundled, Angry Birds outsold it by nearly 130 million copies.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

oniyide said:
@rainbird so what would you consider the game to be??? Im not trying to bust chops, but S&P series you move from left to right but the game guides you in moving forward. That series is considered to be on-rails. If it is not, then what genre would that and this SW Kinect game fall into

I'm not saying it might not be on rails, I'm saying that right now we have no idea if it's an on rails game. Saying that it's on rails is basically trolling at this point.

VetteDude said:
fastyxx said:
VetteDude said:
Kinect is...ugh. I don't have a 360 but I feel bad for core gamers on 360. Microsoft seems to be abandoning you guys. There really is not much you can do with a camera like Kinect. Dance games and fitness games are about it, and dance games are a fad. Developers are trying to cram games onto it when it really doesn't work well.. and don't get me started on that "Better with Kinect" BS.

What exactly is a core gamer on 360 missing?  I don't follow.  Where are 360-only gamers being left behind.  Because I don't see it.

Well that are focusing on Kinect a lot more where as before they focused on core gamers.

Expanding the user base and keeping the system healthy is good for core gamers.  They aren't destroying franchises by making optional Kinect features, and many of those are from 3rd party devs anyway (Ghost Recon, Mass Effect, etc.)  Meanwhile the connected parties keep churning out the franchises that people bought a 360 for - Gears/Halo/Forza/Fable etc. - and have a huge, healthy 3rd party selection that covers all genres with strong titles.  

You couldn't possibly play all the 80+ metacritic games on either the PS3 or 360 in a given year, not to mention the 70+ games in your favorite genres that you'll love anyway.  Neither platform is hurting for quality core games.  And each has a smattering of titles console-exclusive that are appropriately must-haves for their users.  

It sucks that a 360-only player misses an Uncharted 3 or the like, but the PS3 player misses great things too.  The generation is too far along and the multi-plat games too strong for anyone to worry about not having core games on a system worth playing.  

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

I don't get the Fable hate. Did Dead Space, Ghost Recon, or Resident Evil die when they were made into Rail shooters? As gamers, why not embrace the option to have both?

I was forged in a generation where things like "The Zapper", "The Powerpad", "The Power Glove", and such were embraced. Back in my day (when we had to walk up hill to our TV's in the freezing snow...), we welcomed innovation in our games. Something like Mode 7 or the Super FX Chip made us excited, not only for what they were doing, but what the future might hold. Nowadays, it seems like all gamers want is sharp graphics and multi-player. Well, how long can that keep the industry going?

Microsoft may not be blowing you guys' minds (especially Superchunk....I've never seen that level of hate outside of a comic book!) but dammit, they're trying to innovate. They're trying to reach new audiences (Sesame Street for example). They're trying to support their peripheral with features AND games. All I'm seeing here is hate.

It's okay if you don’t like it. It's okay if you don’t get it. It's okay if it's not for you. But for the love of God!! Quit trying so hard (to the point of giving false information ) to bash it!!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I don't get the Fable hate. Did Dead Space, Ghost Recon, or Resident Evil die when they were made into Rail shooters? As gamers, why not embrace the option to have both?

I was forged in a generation where things like "The Zapper", "The Powerpad", "The Power Glove", and such were embraced. Back in my day (when we had to walk up hill to our TV's in the freezing snow...), we welcomed innovation in our games. Something like Mode 7 or the Super FX Chip made us excited, not only for what they were doing, but what the future might hold. Nowadays, it seems like all gamers want is sharp graphics and multi-player. Well, how long can that keep the industry going?

Microsoft may not be blowing you guys' minds (especially Superchunk....I've never seen that level of hate outside of a comic book!) but dammit, they're trying to innovate. They're trying to reach new audiences (Sesame Street for example). They're trying to support their peripheral with features AND games. All I'm seeing here is hate.

It's okay if you don’t like it. It's okay if you don’t get it. It's okay if it's not for you. But for the love of God!! Quit trying so hard (to the point of giving false information ) to bash it!!

Props to you d21lewis! You said what i've been thinking perfectly.

Why can't more people be this reasonable?