By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Kinect suck anymore than it does already?

can it?

Yes 71 29.83%

No, its already at the bottom of anything. 100 42.02%

You suck, its awesome 55 23.11%

I am ashamed I wasted my money on it. 12 5.04%

Total:238

I didn't think so. Then, I saw Star Wars Kinect... and it convinced me that it can.

Around the Network

@pavolink for a dance game that has to track your movement??? Always. You have a game that cant track movement for crap why even turn it on, might as well save electricity, turn on the radio and dance then. Oh sure Kinect cant do four players (for now), but at least i feel im actually doing something and im not the only one who feels this way

Hapimeses said:

Really, it's not great. I want to like Kinect, but it offers me so very little beyond dance games (which it does better than Wii or PS3). Voice control is a highlight? Really? SingStar has had that for years. End War used it. In fact, many games use it. The rest is on-rails nonsense or wavy handy silliness. It's uninspiring and disappointing. I really hoped for so much more. A d-pad and one button would completely change the experience for the better. As it stands, Kinect's for children, dance games, and fitness games. Otherwise, it's currently useless.

Sad bunny.

Yet those dance/fitness/children's games are what will be eaten up by mainstream.  Face it, money talks and casuals have lots of it.  Don't worry, niche hardcore gaming will still be around to look down on everybody else having fun...just nobody will give a shit about them as usual.

oniyide said:
@pavolink for a dance game that has to track your movement??? Always. You have a game that cant track movement for crap why even turn it on, might as well save electricity, turn on the radio and dance then. Oh sure Kinect cant do four players (for now), but at least i feel im actually doing something and im not the only one who feels this way

That's your problem: Just Dance is not a game to track your movements. Just Dance is a party game to have just fun in local multiplayer, like Wii Sports, without accuracy. And I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

UltimateUnknown said:
Rainbird said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Wow, I personally thought the Ghost Recon demo was friggin awesome with Kinect. Plus all the Kinect fun labs features like the 3D head tracking is very under-rated. Codename Kingdoms also looks great as a Kinect exclusive game. But I do hope that more games like ME3, Forza 4 and Ghost Recon start using this new tech and certain features to enhance the experience, as that is what will appeal to us hardcore the most. The live features shown were amazing as well, I know we can do it with the controller, but an alternate simplistic and natural way to do it is much more appealing to me and the wider audience. This is the future just as touchscreen was.

As for the casual games, although I won't play them, I want the other members of my family who are not hardcore to get the joy of gaming, so kudos to MS for that. People just need to grow up and understand that MS are trying to appeal to a wider audience and its no longer about the hardcore only. But I have to give them credit for trying to keep both sides happy.

You sir, deserve a high five! *high five*

I'm very excited just by what we've seen here, and what is going to come!

Glad to see someone else appreciates innovation, even if it is in small steps at a time.

Although people are hating on it now, all the things that Kinect is doing with enhanced motion sensing+voice control will be commonplace in the near future.

Agreed. I do hope Microsoft releases a controller that is designed to be used with Kinect for the NextBox, because it's the only area Kinect is weak in. But I'm really excited with what we have now and what is sure to come. Microsoft have made massive improvements over last year, so just looking two or three years into the future, we will be playing the most immersive games we have ever played!

Around the Network

you better get used to it. It's the future of the xbox. And I also believe it will be its end.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I don't get it.....

Kinect doesn't suck....

@pavolink then what's the point?? If thats your cup of tea and you find it entertaining, go for it. I'll stick to my more accurate game that can only do 2 players or better yet, just...dance

Um its improved massively...literally all they need to do is make games without the lag and it would be really nice.

oniyide said:
@pavolink then what's the point?? If thats your cup of tea and you find it entertaining, go for it. I'll stick to my more accurate game that can only do 2 players or better yet, just...dance

Fun with real friends in a easy-pick game?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile