By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Kinect suck anymore than it does already?

can it?

Yes 71 29.83%

No, its already at the bottom of anything. 100 42.02%

You suck, its awesome 55 23.11%

I am ashamed I wasted my money on it. 12 5.04%

Total:238
superchunk said:
The best potential features I've seen so far for Kinect could have been simply a microphone.

However, I do give kudos to MS for making it happen where Sony has had a microphone device for far longer and never did voice control.

socom navy seals (released in 2002) had voice controls

Around the Network
cory.ok said:
superchunk said:
The best potential features I've seen so far for Kinect could have been simply a microphone.

However, I do give kudos to MS for making it happen where Sony has had a microphone device for far longer and never did voice control.

socom navy seals (released in 2002) had voice controls

... and why wasn't it continued.. why did Sony not put that into their XMB? That is what I am referring to. Not some 3rd party one off.

superchunk said:

... all easy... all on rails... all a big pile of poo.

Talking about the new Call of Duty there?

Seriously though, hardcore gamers may not like what kinect has to offer but my mom and my sister play it all the time. They don't care it has delay and that its on rails.

disolitude said:
superchunk said:

Seriously though, hardcore gamers may not like what kinect has to offer but my mom and my sister play it all the time. They don't care it has delay and that its on rails.

Maybe they designed it to have slower response time as a handicap for the majority of fat and slow Americans?

i agree i think kinect is stupid...allways have

Around the Network

That was..different..
but some how familiar...Anyone else ever have a Microsoft Sidewinder Game voice?

"Fire!" "Rail gun!" "Oh! No! no! no!... you stupid piece of..."

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

sethnintendo said:
disolitude said:
superchunk said:

Maybe they designed it to have slower response time as a handicap for the majority of fat and slow Americans?

Or maybe people on this site trolling Kinect are completely out of touch with reality and what rest of the non gamer world finds fun?

I thought it was awesome, and I hope we get to see even more of Kinect. What I posted in the Microsoft conference thread:

Kinect was awesome, and I love how committed Microsoft are to it. The improvements compared to last year are immense.

Voice commands looked awesome in ME3 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and the Gunsmith looked really awesome, though I hope they tune that aiming. It's sweet that it isn't on rails too!

Ryse looked awesome! I loved Red Steel 2, and this looks right down my alley!

Fable: The Journey looked a bit cheesy, but all the spells actually looked fun to play with.

I like Kinect but agree the lineups suck. More Dance Central? Kinect Sports? Really?

At least theres Halo remake and Halo 4...

It's just that simple.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB