By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your accent?

G'Day mate. How ya going?

Aussie.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

British accent, hard to describe what type of it but people say I sound like I'm from a private school so that kind (semi-posh basically).

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Holy shit man! I just swatted my computer monitor twice!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

Holy shit man! I just swatted my computer monitor twice!

Mwahh ha ha, another victim....

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Hungarian

Around the Network

From southern Louisiana, and I do not have a southern accent or French cajun accent. Weird considering I grew up with it environmentally and my mom has that French cajun accent and my dad, who's from Georgia, has a slight southern accent. However, both don't have extreme accents.

Now I still use a lot of southern phrases and "words" such as "ya'll" which my Xlive friends from Vancouver constantly agitate me about haha. But I would say, honestly, I don't consider myself to have much of an accent, or if I do have one, I'm living in the wrong region of this country to know what accent it is haha. Just ask Outlawuron, if you want an outsider perspective as I can't confirm 100% haha.

I don't have an accent, everyone else does.

Or mid Kent, whatever that sounds like, lets see, a cross between traditional stereotype English accent, slight cocky and soft Australian. Example, I say grass with an 'ar' sound, not 'a'.

Hmm, pie.

Australian accent and while in America, you Americans love my accent :D

Atlanta accent? idk

You know, I'm not actually sure. When I talk, I think I have a reasonably posh British accent, and other people generally seem to agree on that, but if I listen to a recording of myself (I hate doing that) it just sounds really weird, so I don't know.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective