By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox 360 sales up to 55 million

S____M____C____C said:
ethomaz said:

Great... that's official? So 360 is 200-300k undertracked.

And the article made a terrible comparision with PS3... June numbers for 360 compared with March numbers for PS3.

Why is it undertracked?

Is 1.3M on shelves not reasonable.....

not when a console is selling well under 150k weekly and holidays are not coming soon.

PS3 survived on 600k on shelves, when it was selling 170k weekly+ and needed to have stock in every single country that has a population over 27.

Anything over 90 units in stores worldwide is not reasonable.

Around the Network

PS3 is still outselling it weekly so I don't understand where this "growth" thing came from

I should say congratulations for Microsoft of reaching this high mark. Now if only they could kill this E3, without abusing kinect.

dsage01 said:
PS3 is still outselling it weekly so I don't understand where this "growth" thing came from

They must have stuffed teh channels!

GuiltySpartan77 said:

Why would you wan't to get a console so late into the console cycle? I understand if you can't afford 600 or 400 but still you could save up little by little for a year and buy it. 

Because of improvements to the machine. Look the type of console you can get with the Xbox 360 now compared to the one at the beginning. Sadly, recent PS3 owners can't say the same..... (BC anyone?)

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
ethomaz said:
Hyruken said:
They say in that press release the gap is at 5m now between the 360 and PS3.
So does that mean we got 360 under-tracked and PS3 over-tracked then?

It was comparing PS3 march numbers with 350 July numbers.

Not quite sure i understand
It says

"

Going by latest sales figures, the Xbox 360 is five million ahead of the PlayStation 3, which as of last month had sold 50 million consoles globally."

Maybe there is something i missed?

Yeap... read the next line.

"A record 14.3 million PS3s were sold during the 12 months to the end of March 2011."

50 million is from end of March but Sony just show the numbers last month (May 26th) because the tsunami.

Here: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/110415_e.pdf

"Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the cumulative sales of the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system reached a milestone of 50 million units*1 worldwide, as of March 29, 2011."