By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox 360 sales up to 55 million

Interesting - i wonder what will happen next year if the PS3 and 360 are still doing this well and Nintendo decide to release Project Cafe??

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:

Who would have thought this in 2005? Microsoft has made a tremendous turnaround!

Indeed, after it's '3rd year peak' which should have occured in 2008, shouldn't the system be dead by now?

To be fair, most of the 360s sold by the end of 2008 are dead by now.

Actually they were fairly reliable throughout 2008 which is when it sold a lot.

I woud say 1.3m this time of year on shelfs does seem a little high but when we are talking about such huge numbers I think its still a good job done by those here at vg.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

Actually they were fairly reliable throughout 2008 which is when it sold a lot.

Maybe, but I don't think that there were more 360s sold in 2008 than from 2005 to 2007, so my point still stands.

Well, no not really, 11 mill in 2008 and 16 mill in 2005-2007. Even the 33% figure was only launch models.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:

Who would have thought this in 2005? Microsoft has made a tremendous turnaround!

Indeed, after it's '3rd year peak' which should have occured in 2008, shouldn't the system be dead by now?

Keep saying that then maybe one day you will believe it.

So who is buying all those games, hm ?

Around the Network
S____M____C____C said:
ethomaz said:

Great... that's official? So 360 is 200-300k undertracked.

And the article made a terrible comparision with PS3... June numbers for 360 compared with March numbers for PS3.

Why is it undertracked?

Is 1.3M on shelves not reasonable.....

800-900k makes more sense.

1.3m is a little high.

This gen has re-defined all of the rules. 

GuiltySpartan77 said:

Don't care about shipped numbers i only care about sold.

Shipped is more accurate... the "sold" is always adjusted based in shipped numbers.

d21lewis said:

This gen has re-defined all of the rules. 

Indeed it has.

Just 2 years ago who would have thought that 2 consoles being outsold by the generation leader even when combined would see increasing sales every year to the point where they not only go on to outsell that generation leader weekly/monthly and after 2011 possibly yearly, but do so while being at a higher price and experience new peak years.

While I find it impressive that the 360 is accomplishing this I find it more impressive that along with the 360 the PS3 is on that same path as well.

It's pretty cool.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Me personally, I believe it mainly has to do with 2 things. Remember though, this is just my way of seeing it.

#1.) Graphical capabilities that came out maybe a bit too soon and at this point don't really need replacing.

#2.) Robust online interfaces and great low priced content in their respective stores. Some of this content is not only new original IPs and ideas but also very nicely priced.

At the moment I see no reason for me to buy another console if Sony or Microsoft were to release one. For once I believe I will be able to sit back and be a late adopter next gen.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!