By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dear Killzone, THIS is how it's done properly

Superman4 said:

So Killzone should downgrade to a combination of COD and Halo? Why would it want to do that? It is already better than both titles.

very cute and funny. Always love these joke posts. Its perfectly fine to say you like a game better. But calling a game better than one with better reviews, and much better sales is simply thinking too highly of your own likely terrible opinion.

You think the mass audiences are "brainwashed sheep", but in reality whether you like to admit it or not, liking an unpopular game doesn't make you any less "brainwashed" than anyone else who lives in today's society.

Around the Network

I love how niether of you have avatars lol ^

I really liked resistance 2, but If I had to choose I would choose Killzone over Resistance anyday

Slimebeast said:

The one thing Killzone does right is the controls. Heavy and physical like they should be.

Those physics are amazing, love 'em

9087 said:

If Killzone had these controls and this speed, it could've been a mainstream success.

Resistance 3 does it properly. Looks like a mix of CoD and Halo. I'm impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhNSv0PloGQ

What makes you think that a PS3 exclusive FPS is going to generate "mainstream success"?  Today, a system generating mainstream success either is multiplatform or on the console of choice for that genre.  In light of this, it is best that a title do something different, and in sufficient quality, that it is worthy to stay on the videogame landscape as a franchise.  Why does Killzone have to be a "mainstream success"?  Why can't it be a niche title that has a decent base of followers to continue the franchise.

What happens with the mindset of "everything has to be a mainstream success" is a blanding and lack of differentiating between titles, where winner takes all ends up meaning that you end up not having enough variety.  I believe the music games genre suffered from this "mainstream success" belief.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

I agree, if Killzone were good it would sell a lot more.

since when have games to be good to sell a lot?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

enrageorange said:
Superman4 said:

So Killzone should downgrade to a combination of COD and Halo? Why would it want to do that? It is already better than both titles.

very cute and funny. Always love these joke posts. Its perfectly fine to say you like a game better. But calling a game better than one with better reviews, and much better sales is simply thinking too highly of your own likely terrible opinion.

You think the mass audiences are "brainwashed sheep", but in reality whether you like to admit it or not, liking an unpopular game doesn't make you any less "brainwashed" than anyone else who lives in today's society.

its obviously not fine to you because thats what he did and yet you call his post a "joke" post

Squilliam said:

Killzone 3 has too much class for most people, thus, why it would never be a 5M seller and I feel the same about Resistance 3. 

I Love KZ3

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, it is great.

I love the gameplay in Resistance 2. I can't stand playing KZ3 when I know R2 is available. I don't care what people say about it being realistic, to me it feels a little sloppy.

R3 is a bargain bin buy for me though. Toooo many gameeeez.

is that really Resistance 3? , it looks mediocre.