By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dear Killzone, THIS is how it's done properly

I love the controls in KZ 3. If anything though they decreased the weight on weapons that existed in KZ2 which I miss, but nontheless it's what sets it apart to COD and the same FPS formula everyone seems to use. Do not screw with KZ, leave it as is but bring dedicated servers.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
IMU1808 said:

Game developers should not try to mirror other games from different developers. Deal with it.

I disagree. I played a lot of shitty games that could have been improved simply by duplicating what the other games are doing.

I'll never agree with that... There shouldn't be any need to duplicate. Find a way to make it work but not by just taking what's already done else where that made a game great. I really don't get why devs feel they must emulate other devs to get sales, or publishers need to push out so many remakes these days.

richardhutnik said:

Sure, one can say if the clone makers would copy the the competency shown by the top titles,

This.

I wasn't implying developers should make exact duplicates of great games. Geez, why do I have to explain this shit?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Jay520 said:
Squilliam said:

Killzone 3 has too much class for most people, thus, why it would never be a 5M seller and I feel the same about Resistance 3. 

I Love KZ3

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, it is great.

I agree, too.  I'm glad Squilliam feels this way. 

Idk. I like the R series better than KZ overall, but I never enjoyed R's multiplayer (or any fps multiplayer for that matter). I hated KZ2's multi, but KZ3's multiplayer is absolutely fantastic. First fps online multiplayer I've ever enjoyed. They just need to add a lot more features and gameplay modes. Their lack of features is one thing that is killing their sales imo.

When talking about R3 alone, this multiplayer is looking much better to me than it did in the videos several months ago. This actually looks pretty fun. I just wish they were including the 8-player online coop. They really had something great there. Only thing I enjoyed about R2. I'm most excited about R3's campaign, gameplay, and weapons. I love that they're taking the series back to the style of R: FoM. Can't wait to play it. The multiplayer will just be an added bonus for me if it's good.

Around the Network

i love Resistance and killzone for wht they do different and hateCOD and every HALO except Reach for wht they do cause they suck.

to each his or her own.