By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dear Killzone, THIS is how it's done properly

Why not let both IPs live in peace?  Both are successful enough to EASILY warrant sequels, so why does one have to be like the other?

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Squilliam said:

Killzone 3 has too much class for most people, thus, why it would never be a 5M seller and I feel the same about Resistance 3. 

I Love KZ3

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, it is great.

Nope.

I remember when I played both Resistance 2 and Killzone 2/3 that they didn't have the magic that games like Gears of War, Call of Duty and Halo have which propells them to being more than 5M sellers.

Tease.

why the hate for killzone?

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Its funny to see you all bickering over Killzone 3 vs Resistance 3. Both are good but i understand some people prefer Killzone some prefer Resistance. Its kind of the same thing with Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. BF3/K3 is the more realistic shooter and isn't as easy to pick up as Modern Warfare 3/ Resistance 3. This isn't meant to say Resistance is like MW3 and vice versa with Killzone and Battlefield. although if you see all four games you get what i am trying to say. 

my only concern is that the rocket launcher looks overpowered, too much ammo and lock on seems cheap

Around the Network
IMU1808 said:

Game developers should not try to mirror other games from different developers. Deal with it.

I disagree. I played a lot of shitty games that could have been improved simply by duplicating what the other games are doing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
IMU1808 said:

Game developers should not try to mirror other games from different developers. Deal with it.

I disagree. I played a lot of shitty games that could have been improved simply by duplicating what the other games are doing.

you have to mess up by being different in order to get it right..duplicating oversaturates the market, innovation is what moves the industry forward

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Mr Puggsly said:
IMU1808 said:

Just because you set out to copy something does not mean you are competent at it:

Sure, one can say if the clone makers would copy the the competency shown by the top titles, it would be fine, but lacking skills, and merely copying gives a title no reason to exist.

enrageorange said:
Superman4 said:

So Killzone should downgrade to a combination of COD and Halo? Why would it want to do that? It is already better than both titles.

very cute and funny. Always love these joke posts. Its perfectly fine to say you like a game better. But calling a game better than one with better reviews, and much better sales is simply thinking too highly of your own likely terrible opinion.

You think the mass audiences are "brainwashed sheep", but in reality whether you like to admit it or not, liking an unpopular game doesn't make you any less "brainwashed" than anyone else who lives in today's society.

I have played every COD game to date and have not liked any of them. Halo sucks even worse. It's not my fault the majority like crap due to popularity. Iphone and Ipod are prime examples of how people oogle over inferiority while touting it's greatness. I like what I like for my own reasons. Being popular or not doesn't make a difference to me. Resident evil used to be a very good game, the new one sucks. Nintendo used to make great hardware and games, they both suck now. Sony used to make great TVs, they suck now. All of those items I liked when they were good and don't like now. When the COD franchise comes out with something that appeals to me, I will be the first to say that I like it. It just hasn't happened yet. HELL, SOCOM was a favorite of mine until slant six turned it into a hot mess. I gave the new one a try and so far, it kinda sucks too.

radiantshadow92 said:

I love how niether of you have avatars lol ^

Yeah, so do I. Much less clutter.