By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter already seen Microsoft E3 show and says it will be great

brendude13 said:
Grandia said:

I have no doubt that Microsoft will have a great E3 Show, they will finally show how Core Games for Kinect will work and I am curious about to see gameplay of this core Kinet Games. Microsoft sure shows a bunch of new Games whether they are for Kinect and Xbox 360 or for Xbox 360 and the  standard controller doesn't matter to me, the main point is that this new games should look cool and interesting and they have a nice gameplay.

Meh, I doubt they will show any core games for Kinect, most people that bought Kinect aren't core gamers, why wouldn't they just make another casual game which would be more profitable?

And I don't see how a core Kinect game would work, even people that have hacked Kinect on the PC can't implement Kinect controls into a hardcore game.

Project Draco, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, Rise of Nightmares ect.

Around the Network
rutea7 said:

too bad i wont get to watch it live since i'll be at work, i like to watch at least the big 3 conferences. last year i watched all of them.... even konami  =S

Thats all that mattered last year, best conference by far *major troll face*

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Omac said:
brendude13 said:
Grandia said:

I have no doubt that Microsoft will have a great E3 Show, they will finally show how Core Games for Kinect will work and I am curious about to see gameplay of this core Kinet Games. Microsoft sure shows a bunch of new Games whether they are for Kinect and Xbox 360 or for Xbox 360 and the  standard controller doesn't matter to me, the main point is that this new games should look cool and interesting and they have a nice gameplay.

Meh, I doubt they will show any core games for Kinect, most people that bought Kinect aren't core gamers, why wouldn't they just make another casual game which would be more profitable?

And I don't see how a core Kinect game would work, even people that have hacked Kinect on the PC can't implement Kinect controls into a hardcore game.

I can see your point, but the game HAS to be on rails for it to work with Kinect, Project Draco is probably one of the only examples of how a hardcore can be used with Kinect. Even then, I don't know how they are going to implement the controls into that game, the theme of the game might be core but the controls will still be casual.

brendude13 said:
Omac said:
brendude13 said:
Grandia said:

I can see your point, but the game HAS to be on rails for it to work with Kinect, Project Draco is probably one of the only examples of how a hardcore can be used with Kinect. Even then, I don't know how they are going to implement the controls into that game, the theme of the game might be core but the controls will still be casual.

Rise of Nightmare is free roaming. There is not enough details on Steel Battalion as of yet.  A Video of a person being able to control a FPS with just one hand is on the net so the possiblities are there. Let us just wait and see.

Astrid said:

This is one of several fake pachter twitter accounts.
Apparently, there are some people out there who like to pretend they are him.

He talked about this on gametrailers in his pack attack about Sony’s online problems.
Can't remember his real twitter account, but this is 100% false. 

Actually, I think that's the real one.  I forget wihch one he said was his real one but if you just search for Michael Pachter you get that one with 4000 followers and three or four with 10 followers.

Around the Network
Omac said:
brendude13 said:
Omac said:
brendude13 said:
Grandia said:

Rise of Nightmare is free roaming. There is not enough details on Steel Battalion as of yet.  A Video of a person being able to control a FPS with just one hand is on the net so the possiblities are there. Let us just wait and see.

Yes, but it would be absolute torture to play, have you seen the Left 4 Dead Kinect video?

brendude13 said:
Omac said:
brendude13 said:
Grandia said:

Listen to Omac. Man... I can't believe people with this old and close minded argument still exist. Especially with plenty of evidence all over the net to the contrary. People were controlling WoW with Kinect, even free roaming movement and spell casting. There's plenty of room out there for core games on Kinect as well, because I am not a "casual" and I bought it. Same with a lot of my hardcore friends. Unless you think that there are over 10 million casuals out there owning an Xbox 360, it seems that quite a few "core" users picked up the device. It's Fun, so we bought it and I'm looking forward to games like Child of Eden, Rise of Nightmares, and more.

nightsurge said:
brendude13 said:
Omac said:
brendude13 said:
Grandia said:

Listen to Omac. Man... I can't believe people with this old and close minded argument still exist. Especially with plenty of evidence all over the net to the contrary. People were controlling WoW with Kinect, even free roaming movement and spell casting. There's plenty of room out there for core games on Kinect as well, because I am not a "casual" and I bought it. Same with a lot of my hardcore friends. Unless you think that there are over 10 million casuals out there owning an Xbox 360, it seems that quite a few "core" users picked up the device. It's Fun, so we bought it and I'm looking forward to games like Child of Eden, Rise of Nightmares, and more.

*Facepalm*

You might want to read my post more carefully, never did I say that everybody who bought Kinect was a casual gamer, I said MOST people who bought Kinect were casual gamers, that was the target audience Microsoft were going for when they made Kinect.

And those very few games you mentioned are either vaporware or use extremely simplified controls similar to a casual game, the theme may be mature but the controls will still be casual. You can't walk, run or jump and control an FPS or an adventure game.

While it is possible to encorporate Kinect controls into hardcore games, it is so glitchy and hard to control, why bother?

Look at this video, does this look like a seamless experience? Do you think people would actually go out and pay £40 for that?

I don't know why you are calling me closed minded, I'm just speaking the truth, it's never going to happen. Body movements cannot replace 17 buttons and 2 analog sticks.

The only way a hardcore game will end up on Kinect is if it's on rails, the controls will be so simplified it will be hard to consider it a hardcore game.

It seems like your just kidding yourself to justify you purchasing Kinect, the game doesn't need to be hardcore to be fun. Just enjoy what's out there now, or what Microsoft announces at E3.

<p> </p> <p><a class="link" href="http://youtu.be/1j9UhxtmWmA" target="_blank"></a><a class="link" href="http://youtu.be/1j9UhxtmWmA" target="_blank"></a><a href="http://youtu.be/1j9UhxtmWmA" target="_blank" class="link">http://youtu.be/1j9UhxtmWmA</a></p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

Omac said:

http://youtu.be/1j9UhxtmWmA

Not only are the controls poor, but he has his other hand on the keyboard controlling movement. Didn't you notice that?

Kinect is only being used for one purpose in that video, aiming, and it still isn't playable.

Are you guys beginning to see my point yet? :/