By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter already seen Microsoft E3 show and says it will be great

I dont really trust Pachters gamer sense. I only trust his market analyzing prowess. Lets see if hes right.

Around the Network

It does seem that you did come into this thread with a very closed mind or some sort of agenda this my not have been your intention but its how you came across. You seem to have a mind set that Kinect can not be used for "hardcore games" although we know kinect support will be on games like Forza and Gost recon(and possibly mass effect according to some rumours) these games are very much Hardcore.

You might be right in the fact that Kinect will not play a roll in "hardcore games" like other motion controlls but I think that there is rolls it can play to make these games more imersive.

I'll admit I dont think I would ever perfer motion controlls over a controller for my FPS but blending both like having handsignals and voice commands for team mates possible head tracking for peaking round corners things like that I would actually love(lol if dont correct).

I think you best statment was lets wait till E3 cause I really feel by the end of E3 MS will have shown us that Kinect can not only be used for the types of games we have seen so far in retail but that it does have a place with core games as well.

celticlonewolf said:

It does seem that you did come into this thread with a very closed mind or some sort of agenda this my not have been your intention but its how you came across. You seem to have a mind set that Kinect can not be used for "hardcore games" although we know kinect support will be on games like Forza and Gost recon(and possibly mass effect according to some rumours) these games are very much Hardcore.

You might be right in the fact that Kinect will not play a roll in "hardcore games" like other motion controlls but I think that there is rolls it can play to make these games more imersive.

I'll admit I dont think I would ever perfer motion controlls over a controller for my FPS but blending both like having handsignals and voice commands for team mates possible head tracking for peaking round corners things like that I would actually love(lol if dont correct).

I think you best statment was lets wait till E3 cause I really feel by the end of E3 MS will have shown us that Kinect can not only be used for the types of games we have seen so far in retail but that it does have a place with core games as well.

I dont believe kinect will get racing get the job done so quickly compared to the other motion controls on the market, but lets see what they've all got at E3.

twesterm said:
Astrid said:

This is one of several fake pachter twitter accounts.
Apparently, there are some people out there who like to pretend they are him.

He talked about this on gametrailers in his pack attack about Sony’s online problems.
Can't remember his real twitter account, but this is 100% false. 

Actually, I think that's the real one.  I forget wihch one he said was his real one but if you just search for Michael Pachter you get that one with 4000 followers and three or four with 10 followers.

You are right.
I relied on my memory when I said this.
After reading your comment, I looked at the video again, and apparently I mixed things up in my head.
This is indeed the real Pachter.
Sorry...

rutea7 said:

too bad i wont get to watch it live since i'll be at work, i like to watch at least the big 3 conferences. last year i watched all of them.... even konami  =S

One Miwwion twoops?  WOW!

Around the Network
Winters said:

Why does Patcher get to see it a week early? Microsoft must know that no one listens to him except the ones who do not matter in the industry.

Maybe Microsoft knows that people on this site worship the ground he walks on, or feel compelled to report every single tweet, belch, and burp he utters, so the brought him in early, so he could spin things early?

Ok, take my mocking tone out of what I wrote above, and I believe you will be in the ballpark.

Astrid said:

He talked about this on gametrailers in his pack attack about Sony’s online problems.

Wow.  How sad of an obsession do people have to start a Cult of Pachter consisting of fake Pachter accounts and also people who quote what a fake account says as truth, on forums like this?  And there is even a squad that monitor's every tweet that these accounts say.

richardhutnik said:
Astrid said:

Wow.  How sad of an obsession do people have to start a Cult of Pachter consisting of fake Pachter accounts and also people who quote what a fake account says as truth, on forums like this?  And there is even a squad that monitor's every tweet that these accounts say.

I made a mistake Richard.
This is the real account of Pachter.

I just said that in the post before you.

Astrid said:
richardhutnik said:
Astrid said:

I made a mistake Richard.
This is the real account of Pachter.

I just said that in the post before you.

The comment was less to you, and more to the fact that people would create fake Pachter accounts to get attention for them.  People will also do such fakes, it might be hard to detect if they are or not.

Now, when done right, it is cool, like the fake Kevin Butler account on Facebook, where the person running it stays in character of Kevin Butler.

It's Pachters take, it's either really great content, or things that'll make the console sell...like really great content.

It was to be expected though.